Scenecraft Oakhill Brewery Complex

McRuss

• RMweb Gold

Yesterday I received the Oakhill Brewery buildings in N. First they look very good. But when I placed a 10ft Cattle wagon in front of it, then the buildings are looking very small in comparison to the wagon. I also recognised the low height of the first floor windows on them. I made a picture to show it to you.

post-6872-127072108483_thumb.jpg

Markus

confused a bit by the ruler but is that approx 72mm to roof top of what is essentially a 3 floor building (say 9ft per floor) - seems about right to me. I'm more concerned about the width - looks like 1 van length which seems quite small for an industrial building.

However I am sure there is a very big temptation to shrink the size of RTP buildings the real thing would look overwhelming on a track mat or the average layout where there is quite a lot of track compression.

I wonder how it looks beside a more familiar building (signal box)

• RMweb Premium

Check these links to Wikipedia , gives a lot of info on the brewery , it appears that the rail link was

a 2' 6'' narrow gauge , this might account for your rail wagon looking a bit big .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakhill

http://en.wikipedia....Oakhill_Brewery

Hope this sheds some light on the matter .

There's no such thing a 'standard' size for breweries and they're all very individual and often very higgldy-piggldy with floors at all sorts of levels - and some, particularly local craft/micro breweries, are very small. However, the ready-to-plonk stuff does generally seem on the smaller size (as already mentioned) but nothing most layouts couldn't get away with. I notice that it looks like you've got some Herpa vehicles (in the bcakground of the pic) and as they are 1:160 (compared with British N gauge scale of 1:148) will also seem on the small side, but will probably compliment the brewery buildings.

G.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for your replies,

the Herpa vehicles are for my german modules, but the brewery buildings are for my IoS modules. I plan to use them as a destillery.

Markus

Archived