Stanier Coaches

81C

• RMweb Gold

Tried that, but will do it again. :)

Maybe he's a bit busy I'M sure he will get back to you he does know the ins and outs of Comet Coaches he was very good friends of the late owner Geoff Brewin.

• RMweb Gold

It's worth trying different searches, I've picked up a couple for around £12 last year for donors. Search on the replica cat nos, 12221 for LMS and 12222 for BR liveries respectively, or just browse generic descriptions like LMS coach.

Rails usually have some but nowadays seem to put a lot of s/h in bundles at crazy prices, long gone are their 99p starts but if they have something you want on Ebay make an offer rather than pay the BIN price.

Edit

Rails have about 10 of the BR version (12222) on Ebay for £17.50 + £2 p&p at the moment

Hi TSE I was in luck at Basingstoke show today I picked up one for £12 pity the second on on the stall had taken a knock this one is missing all the markings would a sheet of pressfix from HMRS

do the trick?.

Bob

Thanks again for your help

• RMweb Gold

HMRS transfers would be OK.

I have a sheet of numbers for ex LMS stock from Modelmaster and have also used lining from Replica Railways.

Ones with knocks can be useful for donor chassis and body shells for adding brass sides. I am doing a Period 3 Open Brake Third from the Replica Open Third and another was used for a Blood & Custard repaint. They were both a bit tatty but the two only cost me £20, one already having metal wheels and Bachmann narrow couplings.

• RMweb Gold

HMRS transfers would be OK.

I have a sheet of numbers for ex LMS stock from Modelmaster and have also used lining from Replica Railways.

Ones with knocks can be useful for donor chassis and body shells for adding brass sides. I am doing a Period 3 Open Brake Third from the Replica Open Third and another was used for a Blood & Custard repaint. They were both a bit tatty but the two only cost me £20, one already having metal wheels and Bachmann narrow couplings.

I did think about getting it it was £12 as well I wasn't sure I can cope with side replacement at the moment I've a Cornish Riviera Set on the go and 6 GWR full Brakes and I did spend money on a rather nice Kirk LNER Full Brake today.

Thanks Jonathan I will have look in on Coach's thread he's is pretty good with detailing stock up I've a Stove 6 wheeler built to his spec'

Bob    

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

It's worth trying different searches, I've picked up a couple for around £12 last year for donors. Search on the replica cat nos, 12221 for LMS and 12222 for BR liveries respectively, or just browse generic descriptions like LMS coach.

Rails usually have some but nowadays seem to put a lot of s/h in bundles at crazy prices, long gone are their 99p starts but if they have something you want on Ebay make an offer rather than pay the BIN price.

Edit

Rails have about 10 of the BR version (12222) on Ebay for £17.50 + £2 p&p at the moment

Hi TSE I put an offer in for £14.50 for one of these at Rails they had 7 in stock which they accepted today so that should be sufficient coaches for what I need .

Hi All I wonder if I could trouble you fine chaps again for some running numbers of open 3rds, brake 3rds, composites and full brake vans 

Thanks Bob                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Edit add request.

Edited by 81C

• RMweb Gold

Hi TSE I put an offer in for £14.50 for one of these at Rails they had 7 in stock which they accepted today so that should be sufficient coaches for what I need .

Hi All I wonder if I could trouble you fine chaps again for some running numbers of open 3rds, brake 3rds, composites and full brake vans 

Thanks Bob                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Edit add request.

Bump

• RMweb Premium

Stay calm Bob, I will delve into my LMS coach book today.. LMS or BR numbers?

I use modelmaster transfers as they have full coach numbers in one piece.

Baz

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Bump

open 3rds,

M9345M to M9482M

M27100M to M27459M

brake 3rds,

BTK

M26666M to M27095M

composites

M24500 to M24739

and full brake vans ..BGs

M31349 to M31428M

there are more but that should help

Baz

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Thanks Jason I could not find that page all I came across was it is a conversion from an open third,

a SVR chap didn't give me the full story it's another idea consigned to the bin as it is out of my time scale..