O Gauge Trams

Evening all,

Is anyone aware of any ‘RTR’ trams for O gauge? I’m not fussed whether they are motorised or not but as a non kit builder I’m not so keen to tackle the 7mm etched kits that are available. I’m aware there’s some card kits which could work however in an ideal world I’d like diecast model or similar. I’m happy to be flexible on design, livery or region too (essentially my layout doesn’t have a specific geographic area).

At present the tram/trams are planned to be a static scenic element on a road/bridge adjacent to the railway so it’s not vital that they are motorised.

Thanks in advance.

Greg

St Petersburg Tram Collection used to do a brass Feltham but it was quite expensive. I don't think anyone else has done a RTR British tram in 7mm scale. (Corgi have done trolleybusses but in 1:50 scale!)

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Evening all,

Is anyone aware of any ‘RTR’ trams for O gauge? I’m not fussed whether they are motorised or not but as a non kit builder I’m not so keen to tackle the 7mm etched kits that are available. I’m aware there’s some card kits which could work however in an ideal world I’d like diecast model or similar. I’m happy to be flexible on design, livery or region too (essentially my layout doesn’t have a specific geographic area).

At present the tram/trams are planned to be a static scenic element on a road/bridge adjacent to the railway so it’s not vital that they are motorised.

Thanks in advance.

Greg

Hi

Only just seen this. KW trams produce a small range of white metal tram kits in 7mm. They are all based around the standard cars from the first 20 - 30 years of the last centaury although some covered cars lasted longer. The price is about £45 but be careful, please check what you are getting and what you are not getting in the kit.

Andy