How to use an airbrush by Phil Parker

SteveCole

On 10/03/2018 at 21:08, Nile_Griffith said:

Good job I don't get charged for internet access, I'd ask BRM for my money back on the cost of downloading what amounts to a thinly veiled advert to buy more stuff from BRM.

The "Free" article is titled "How to use an airbrush", but devotes more text to the wonders of the air compressor they are trying to sell. At no point in this expert guide is any reference made to differing types of paints and their drying times, spraying distances or airbrush needle sizes, let alone anything to do with the variety of airbrush types out there. Just a shameless plug to further the profits of BRM.

Okay, so no loss then

On 10/03/2018 at 21:53, Mike Storey said:

It cannot be a surprise that this is, in effect, an adformation post. BRM's owners do pay for this site, and must make their money somehow. To believe that everything supplied on here must only be completely objective and altruistically based, is simply naive. To be frank, I continue to be surprised just how much freedom to criticise is allowed on here, and long may it continue. If you want a website completely free of commercial necessity, start your own, or pay to subscribe to one.

On the other hand, this thread is probably the least subtle posting of underlying advertising I have yet seen on here.

It would be very easy to create an informative post AND get in their advertising bits - in fact, it would be so much more effective from their point of view. Very poor marketing strategy.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, davidmcc3 said:

It would be very easy to create an informative post AND get in their advertising bits - in fact, it would be so much more effective from their point of view. Very poor marketing strategy.

Since you've not read the article (it's on an old version of the CMS so as you've spotted,  the link no longer works) then how do you know for certain it isn't?

I did my level best with that piece to provide useful information, as I always do, and then answer questions as you will have seen earlier in the thread.  Even if you don't buy the products, I'd like to think that it was useful anyway. However, I'm obviously doing it all wrong. Sorry about that.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 18/12/2019 at 11:31, davidmcc3 said:

Unfortunately, links to on-line magazines are very volatile - not only does the link not work, but Phil's article doesn't seem to exist anymore. Unless someone knows where it is?

I don't think that it is realistic, in this day and age, to expect something written more than 18 months ago to be either relevant or available any more, especially if it is about equipment and prices.