Shapeways Followers - How do I get rid of them?!

I currently have 107 shapeways followers...

Trouble is, I don't know why, or who they are and few of them appear to have railway connections or have railway products: the latest does Firearms spares!

Question is, how do I reduce this number? I don't particularly want all these people in a huge list, and some of them look a little, well, questionable.#

I know I'm probably making a big deal out of this.

Just had a look. Very strange indeed.  Just the first 3 pages alone, looks more like Linked in users than Shapeways!  Not to mention almost all the suspicious ones have nothing but suspicious links in their bio.  Inspecting them shows its all linking to different websites.  Looks like you got targeted as a potential customer by some bot.  

Edited by Spitfire2865

• RMweb Premium

Lightweight, I have 4137 followers! No idea why, maybe it's a facebook type thing. Do they get bonus points for following people?

I don't take any notice of it, and I doubt these followers are actually following what I do.

I followed someone once. The court appearance and restraining order came as a surprise.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't worry about it too much at all.

I just ignore it.

Shapeways original intention was that people who liked your stuff followed you and could get notifications when you posted a new model. All done with the intentions of a community spirit, till the spammers etc. got their hands on it.

Other than one click to say do not post this to followers when you upload a new model it has not been an issue for me.

Alexander