Gem ceased trading?

detheridge

Hi....
I am currently in the throws of building a layout with Gem control.....any ideas where stock is available for sale....levers and cranks especially....be good to see the system continue.....Best wishes to Terry...

Regards always..

Bob

I think there is a bit of confusion between the two GEMs.

Lytchett Manor have the 00 gauge kits, most of the 009 narrow gauge and the accessories. The owner is temporarily not trading due to health issues. I think someone else has the N gauge kits, Bedford Models is it?

http://www.lytchettmanor.co.uk/

The point and signal control stuff is still readily available. Try Wizard.

https://www.wizardmodels.ltd/?filter_3_manufacturer=gem

Jason

Hello Bob,

In regards to your question on the website lytchettmanormodels the current supplier of Gem control equipment, is currently not trading. The owner is unwell and has shut the website for orders.

Also he has honored all outstanding orders, items of Gem products are available from the following stockists Antics, starlight models, wizard models and dundas models. Information comes from

the website lytchett manor models

Hello Bob,

In regards to your question on the website lytchettmanormodels the current supplier of Gem control equipment, is currently not trading. The owner is unwell and has shut the website for orders.

Also he has honored all outstanding orders, items of Gem products are available from the following stockists Antics, starlight models, wizard models and dundas models. Information comes from

the website lytchett manor models

Hi....

Thank you for the info....I am sure we will all be wanting to send our very best wishes  to Lytchett owner Terry for a speedy recovery....

Regards

Bob

Edited by BobM

• 2 months later...

Hi guys

I read the possibly sad news about the future of the GEM models - and I noticed the request concerning the SDJR 7 F.

It was always my ambition to build that loco - but it will be unfulfilled - despite the fact I have what must be an early GEM 7F body kit from the Rhos-on-Sea address

Needs the GF 1909 chassis ( 8F ) and tender wheels and the box has only been opened and the castings examined probably once in the last 15 year since I emigrated to the US in 2003.

I will be checking out casting quality on the GEM kit -and reporting further in case anyone here expresses interest in the kit.

I have also just found a P & D Marsh GW 43xx body/tender kit that I forgot I had. Made at the Eversholt / Milton Keynes address ? Have checked those castings - they look impeccably clean. Is this kit still available?

Steve

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think there is a bit of confusion between the two GEMs.

Lytchett Manor have the 00 gauge kits, most of the 009 narrow gauge and the accessories. The owner is temporarily not trading due to health issues. I think someone else has the N gauge kits, Bedford Models is it?

I'm not so sure that is entirely correct.

LMM used to list the old GEM range of N gauge white metal kits on their website and apparently Matthew (LMM proprietor) has said he is very unlikely to produce any more of the S&DJR 7F 2-8-0 as he feels that Bachmann, with an OO/4mm version, are likely to shrink it down to N/2mm (although I'm not so sure they will).

G.

• 4 months later...

To hopefully put all these rumours to bed.  I have NOT closed down, I have had to have some months away due to 2 lots of quite major surgery within a year, during this time I also lost a family member which hit me quite hard and has taken a while to come to terms with.  I am still very much alive and kicking (with some pain and discomfort) .

I am not prepared as it stands to commit any further time in to re doing the moulds for both the Garrett and the S&D 7F due to the fact that Hattons are bringing the Garrett out as R-t-R and there is a very strong possibility that Bachmann will be bringing out the 7F at some point, what most people seem to forget is the fact that I have worked for Farish, Bachmann & Dapol so I think I have some idea as to how their operations work.  

The website is being updated and some items are being removed.   All I will ask is that due to space constraints items are now ALL cast to order, which will result in a delay, while I will try to keep these to as shorty as possible, there are times when it could take me longer to get somethings done due to medical appointments still having to be under taken.  

I hope this puts everyone's mind at ease and stops these rumours.

Edited by Matthew Richter
spelling mistake
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• 1 year later...

Just to hopefully put all these rumours and other comments to sleep.

1. I have NOT given up!

2. I have been having to ease back what I do due to a rather difficult life changing illness that I am suffering from which will not get better.

3. I am working hard to get items back in to stock that are out of stock namely Mercontrol being one.

4. The N gauge range is still available, please email and I will send out a list, the N gauge pages are being re worked for the website.

5. I am still working on new products which are taking time to develop but are progressing slowly.

6. I lost a family member 2 years ago and it has taken time to get over it.

hopefully that will put paid to all these comments and rumours that have been put around about me, yes it is taking longer to get orders out than i would like but when you are left with days with little or no energy, it takes time to even get out of bed and those days even that is enough.  When you are living in constant 24/7 pain  and no pain relief will work,you then find that energy reserves disappear very quickly.

All I can do is apologise and if you do place an order please understand that it will be dealt with as quickly as I can. 

• Friendly/supportive 13

Too many people seem to have their lives changed because they cannot get kit a or part b.

They should think of the people who have their lives changed by illness, family issues, money problems etc.

Stu

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Further Update

Following the news that Hatton's have now suspended the work on their Garratt, I will be looking in to re doing the mould so further kits can be produced, I am also looking in to producing it as a 3D printed kit as I have purchased a 3D printer to make some things for myself and also to slowly expand my range.  Further to this if there is sufficient response I will also look at the S&DJR 7F again, but I will not invest unless their is a demand for both models.

There is lots of work going on behind the scenes, all be it at a slower pace and only when both time and pain allows me to try and do things, it may take me a while to bring these items back but I am working on them and also other new items to go in to both ranges.

Further to this the old "Fleetline" name is now officially no longer used, and all new N gauge items will be under the Lytchett Manor Models name, look out for new packaging coming soon and new models.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Matthew

Thanks for the update.  I’ve re-posted your news about the Garratt etc. to the N Gauge Forum Hattons Garratt thread, as I don’t think you have a presence there?  Might be an idea to post future updates there, and also tell the N Gauge Society Journal?

cheers, Richard

Edited by RichardT
I can’t spell Garratt

• 1 year later...

Just to stop the rumours before they start ,the pages on the website have been taken down for the time being as we have full order books and we are trying to catch up.   The pages will be back up in the early part of 2022, you are still able to order direct, but I am unable to give any confirmed date that it will arrive before Christmas.  It is aso to give me sometime to recover from having had 3 months of building work being done on the house which has taken a lot out of me.  Again all I can do is apologise for any delays and say that I am doing my best to catch up with everything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

******  NOTICE*******

As of Yesterday 01.12.2021  I am no longer the owner of GEM/ FLEETLINE range of products. 

Lytchett Manor Models has nothing to do with the GEM/Fleetline range of products from this date.  I would like to thank all of our customers during my tenure of the range of products.

I have been in contact with the new owner hopefully he will announce himself soon.

• Friendly/supportive 2