Vitrains Class 47 Buffer Beam Issue

Hi, 

A few months ago i purchased the Vitrains Colas Class 47 double pack, I thought I would start adding the buffer beam details, following the pictures that are provided with the instructions. Now with all my models there is obviously a piece of plastic with pre drilled small holes for the various pipes and details to slot into, however on both loco's at both ends the plastic seems to be missing, was this a manufacturer error, or does it appear that someone has removed them? Could anyone suggest if there is possible spares for these parts? or is it just worth me just using a small piece of plasticard, painting it and fixing it and pre-drilling the holes myself.

Any help would be grateful.

Cheers Tom.

Edited by Tomblebee

Hi Guys,

I have attached an image of what im trying to explain lol! I have looked in the accessories bag, and there is nothing to fit the actual beam, maybe as i bought it second hand the person previous has used them for something else? i can't say that i had this issue with the DRS Northern Belle 47's by Vitrains. 

post-28800-0-01385100-1520875529_thumb.jpg

post-28800-0-50214700-1520875544_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys,

I have attached an image of what im trying to explain lol! I have looked in the accessories bag, and there is nothing to fit the actual beam, maybe as i bought it second hand the person previous has used them for something else? i can't say that i had this issue with the DRS Northern Belle 47's by Vitrains. 

The bufferbeams are indeed missing, and it also looks like the large oleo head buffers have been swapped for the smaller ones ?  

You should have something like this:

post-2215-0-77653100-1520876029_thumb.jpg

post-2215-0-98210900-1520876045_thumb.jpg

Perhaps an option, but I'd have thought easier to try and get the correct spares from the Hobby Co ...

www.hobbyco.net

Anywhere in particular I should be looking on that website? I have had a look and it appears to be mainly European stuff.

Anywhere in particular I should be looking on that website? I have had a look and it appears to be mainly European stuff.

Although there does not appear to be anything showing on the website, they are/were the UK distributors for Vi Trains, others have had success in getting spares from them, try phoning them 01908 605686.   

Have you checked the accessories pack? I've got a vague memory that you had to fit the buffer beam yourself. If the pack is missing, that is possibly why there are no buffer beams.

Regards

Roddy

Thanks for all your replies, I have checked the accessories pack, and there is nothing matching the Buffer beam shape, it is only just pipes and other parts that are in the box, so maybe they person who sold it has used them on another model.

Edited by Tomblebee

Thanks for all your replies, I have checked the accessories pack, and there is nothing matching the Buffer beam shape, it is only just pipes and other parts that are in the box, so maybe they person who sold it has used them on another model.

I've just had a look at an as-new Vi Trains R/F 47 I have, out of the box, the model comes fitted with bufferbeams and large oleo buffers, they are not supplied loose in the detailing packet.

Edited by tractor_37260

If you bought the loco secondhand, it looks to me as if someone's pulled a fast one on the buffer beams, so good luck finding replacements.

When you do the detailing, be aware that there is no "standard" 47 pipe arrangement, and I seem to remember when I did mine that the Colas 47's themselves weren't the same!

I suggest you try to find some close-up pictures, a search on Flickr may be a good place to start.

Below is a reference to my website, which has a number of pics of these in service in the Album "Colas, DCR and Advenza", they may help a bit but aren't really close enough for your purposes.

John, see https://www.flickr.com/photos/51265696@N03/   

Edited by John Tomlinson

• RMweb Premium

Hi

I have a couple of spares that I don't need, I replaced mine with Heljan items. PM me and I can post them to you if you want.

Rob