At last some new 33s

owentherail

9 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Are there any exclusives this batch other than the Rails DRS minimodal pack?

I think Kernow Model Centre have their own Class 33 exclusives but you'll have to check with them for the finer details.

• Thanks 1

Just now, classy52 said:

I think Kernow Model Centre have their own Class 33 exclusives but you'll have to check with them for the finer details.

I don't think they have one of the new batch, I had checked them already.

• Thanks 1

Just now, owentherail said:

There is a review on FB of one new 33 but they don't take body off, hope its easy to get off in the first place and a speaker will fit 

Isn't it essentially the same tooling as has been around a while but with HI lights?

• Agree 1

With regards to fitting a decent sized speaker, I recently fitted sound to one of the new batch of Class 27s. A well known supplier of very good sound decoders does a replacement fuel tank which contains the speaker. Easy to fit and the sound quality and volume are excellent. Might be worth checking if such a thing is available for a Class 33.

John

• RMweb Gold

Be careful as there are two sets of tooling in the latest 33/0 releases. The headlight fitted ones appear to be an amendment of the most recent tooling that had the roof profile corrected (Other issues introduced) but 30008 and 33025 (in blue) are the much older flat roofed version that I had hoped was consigned to history.

There are also variations in the bogies and tanks but for me the flat roof profile is a deal breaker.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Isn't it essentially the same tooling as has been around a while but with HI lights?

They give the impression there will be room for a speaker now so something mite be different in there somewhere I hope 

26 minutes ago, owentherail said:

They give the impression there will be room for a speaker now so something mite be different in there somewhere I hope 

I have seen a pic of an older one with a speaker in although when I say older I don't know how old.

On 06/05/2020 at 08:43, 47423 said:

Let me know what they are like please

They have turned up today. No 33 though yet so I aren't getting them out if the wrapper, but look good so far. Colour is on the pale side I think but I'll see what it looks like on the loco. I think it looks like I have got the right BR logo?

20200511_192708.jpg

20200511_192642.jpg

Edited by TomScrut
  • Like 1

Just now, 47423 said:

I have ordered a set of plates for my 33063 when it arrives,

Fox and Shawplan do not do the Lt Jenny Lewis plates. I wonder if the model will have any included. 

Oddly enough I have emailed Fox suggesting they maybe do a run of "Rambo" plates for 08624 (which is a readily available Bachmann model so you'd expect people to want to name it as real life). If they consider that they'll maybe take other suggestions. Printed nameplates suck!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Oddly enough I have emailed Fox suggesting they maybe do a run of "Rambo" plates for 08624 (which is a readily available Bachmann model so you'd expect people to want to name it as real life). If they consider that they'll maybe take other suggestions. Printed nameplates suck!

i thought they stuck ?

;-)

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

I think D6515 is going to be a silent best seller.

Its getting a few miles in down here in the South and developing a bit of a following, that and its a celebrity variant that gives a change to 33008.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Ok taken the plunge in pre-ordering D6515 as Preserved, will go nicely with my pre-ordered Accurascale Class 55 'Alycidon' as I'm building up a heritage railway collection.

So am I, even though I don't really have anywhere to run them as of yet other than on the main line. D8000, DELTIC, Oliver Cromwell and 03371. Oh and aforementioned 33063! I'll probably end up with an Accurascale 55 too at some point although given the 37s and 92s are due at a similar time they are more important. And I know D8000, DELTIC and Oliver Cromwell aren't running at the moment but I basically have the attitude if it still exists I will give benefit of doubt about it ever running again.

• Like 2