At last some new 33s

owentherail

24 minutes ago, 50030 said:

Picked up

my 026 and 012 yesterday. Pleased with both.

1B433F60-E3E0-438F-BB00-FA9AD2366C8E.jpeg

0AF08108-C7AC-46E9-84D0-6AF989BD69C8.jpeg

5037DA76-3CC2-4D78-BF21-76FF3A421109.jpeg

80E4A536-9C3D-403D-8E7B-D816B8689B50.jpeg

269C5DAC-FA3C-4261-99B6-1441FB3AECC3.jpeg

Not keen on the cab end weathering on 33012, looks like finger marks in the middle of it and unrealistic...I would get that patched up IMO.

• Agree 4

I havnt got mine yet to compare, but is it actually a retooling, or just a reintroduction of the later liveries on the latest tooling... Just that my Burma Star model with high intensity light from the last batch looks remarkably similar.

11 minutes ago, Markn said:

I havnt got mine yet to compare, but is it actually a retooling, or just a reintroduction of the later liveries on the latest tooling... Just that my Burma Star model with high intensity light from the last batch looks remarkably similar.

AFAIK this new batch of 33's are part of the updated tooling, thus I would have expected a prototypical rendition of WCRC 33029 with plated over cab end tail lights but maybe Heljan were selective on what to update???

7 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Just been looking at the photos on Hattons of the production 33012 and it is a miss for me - shame as I was really looking forward to that one. It looks as though they have tried to create the partially cleaned look on the yellow ends, but it does not work for me.

Edit: I also note that it has blue star codes next to the marker lights. I am fairly certain that by the time 33s had headlights, the codes had pretty much stopped being used. A quick google failed to show any of 33012 operational under BR with headlights and blue stars. Happy to be corrected.... 

Roy

Unfortunately I'm inclined to agree, the sides are just about acceptable, but the front is not good. Glad I converted a D65xx blue one to 33020, I was going to replace it with 33012 but sadly not now for 135 notes.

Thanks to 50030 for posting those pix too.

Edited by SouthernMafia

On 08/05/2020 at 15:17, BR Blue said:

Be careful as there are two sets of tooling in the latest 33/0 releases. The headlight fitted ones appear to be an amendment of the most recent tooling that had the roof profile corrected (Other issues introduced) but 30008 and 33025 (in blue) are the much older flat roofed version that I had hoped was consigned to history.

There are also variations in the bogies and tanks but for me the flat roof profile is a deal breaker.

Am I missing something, or is there a reason as to why Heljan would revert to the old tooling? 

cheers

Al

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, YesTor said:

Am I missing something, or is there a reason as to why Heljan would revert to the old tooling? 

cheers

Al

Because they just have with the Gaugemaster specials. 

Roy

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, YesTor said:

cheers

Al

Not that I can think of. I think it is a very poor decision.

Edited by BR Blue
Grammar and spelling

I have just received my post office red

class 33 and I am pleased with the livery ,but quote me if I am wrong

i thought it come with new LED lights

as per the advert. Removed the body to find the old bulb arrangement 

which is ok, but why say it’s got LED,s

a little misleading I think

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

10 hours ago, GEARJAMMER said:

Has anybody got their hands on the BR Green D6515 yet, im curious as to how the colour of the white/cream looks? Looks to be white in the photo I seen on Kernows site?

Unfortunately i missed the postman with mine this morning ! 

• RMweb Premium

does anyone know what has happened to 3442, the model of Eastleigh? It was announced at the same time as the packs with tanks but hasn’t been delivered, did this get replaced by the Gaugemaster version which is of the old mould?

33030 arrived today and its a stunner. The livery is crisp and the level of detail looks greater than I remember my other two being, but will check later. Will also run it later once it's cooled down, but for now, here's a few pics in the afternoon sun

IMG_20200520_122915.jpg

IMG_20200520_122814.jpg

IMG_20200520_122649.jpg

IMG_20200520_122851.jpg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, GEARJAMMER said:

Has anybody got their hands on the BR Green D6515 yet, im curious as to how the colour of the white/cream looks? Looks to be white in the photo I seen on Kernows site?

The postman returned :D

6515 is white rather than cream. The model is superb though and i can live with colour error as it looks stunning.

13 minutes ago, 47423 said:

The postman returned :D

6515 is white rather than cream. The model is superb though and i can live with colour error as it looks stunning.

That's pretty poor from Heljan to get the colour incorrect as it supposed to represent the 'as preserved' prototype thus how the hell did they get it wrong???

This is similar to my previous post above in regards to WCRC 33029 not having the plated over cab end tail lights as per prototype thus this new updated/re-tooled range just seems a bit slap dash on getting things right as well as horribly wrong...hit'n'miss :banghead:

15 minutes ago, 47423 said:

20200520_131730.jpg

I am waiting for Rails to dispatch mine, they took payment yesterday or today by the looks of it. I picked the free delivery though so can't complain.

I am wondering if I need to be buying Eastleigh too!

49 minutes ago, 47423 said:

20200520_132117.jpg

Well, that is a shame, I donated money to the 71a Locomotive group towards the real D6515 and I really wanted this model to put in the cabnet alongside my model of D400 which I also ploughed a small fortune into its restoration.

Sadly I will give this a miss, im afraid for me these models are getting far to expensive to just except simple livery errors like this, its almost as though manufacturers these days think we will just except livery errors because the detail is so good, but ive got to the point I wont accept it.

The ironic thing being is at the moment this has cost Heljan two sales, as I would have ordered 33026 in Dutch as well, this will now be possibly an impulse buy at a later date as opposed to a gauranteed sale now.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, GEARJAMMER said:

Well, that is a shame, I donated money to the 71a Locomotive group towards the real D6515 and I really wanted this model to put in the cabnet alongside my model of D400 which I also ploughed a small fortune into its restoration.

Sadly I will give this a miss, im afraid for me these models are getting far to expensive to just except simple livery errors like this, its almost as though manufacturers these days think we will just except livery errors because the detail is so good, but ive got to the point I wont accept it.

The ironic thing being is at the moment this has cost Heljan two sales, as I would have ordered 33026 in Dutch as well, this will now be possibly an impulse buy at a later date as opposed to a gauranteed sale now.

I've done the same & just spoke to my model shop to cancel my pre-order of D6515.

I understand that livery/colour issues can happen on models which can be corrected by some small clever alterations by the customer but this is a glaring livery/colour issue which can only be corrected by a professional respray and how it was approved before production is anyone's guess.

Its everyone's prerogative to accept the model as it is as well as rejecting it but I'm actually quite disappointed in doing the latter, Heljan need to do better going forward.