Does anyone know who Engineman is?

dude2112

Mate has bought class 66 sound chip done by Engineman. Some functions not explained properly and Digitrains have no answers. To me that's not good enough. If ya selling something then you should at least know what you are selling..

Andy.

• 1 year later...

I'm wondering if anyone here has tried Engineman sounds and what they thought (aside from the 66 mentioned here)?

I ask because I'm looking for a class 33 chip and the Paul Chetter Zimo project from Digitrains is £15 but the Engineman project is £18?

Always found Paul Chetter projects to be superb so I'm wondering what the extra cost brings?

Thanks, Phil 

• Agree 2

Didn't know you can buy the project on their own, do you just get the project to use as often as you like or do you have to provide the decoders serial number so the project is locked to that one decoder?

Sorry if the answer is obvious 

Paul

• RMweb Premium

You can use a project only once - except it is a free one (which are almost not existing in the UK)

Of course you need to own a device to upload the project into your chip, as for instance MXULFA (if we speak Zimo)  

1 hour ago, Paul80 said:

Didn't know you can buy the project on their own, do you just get the project to use as often as you like or do you have to provide the decoders serial number so the project is locked to that one decoder?

Sorry if the answer is obvious 

Paul

Hi Paul - apologies, no I don't believe you can buy just the project alone, but if you buy the decoder and the project (which is what I have always done) then the Engineman one is £3 more expensive and was just wondering why that was. Just seemed a bit odd? I see its for Loksound rather than Zimo so I'm guessing that may be the reason, but I was intrigued if there was some other advantage to the Engineman sound projects?  

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, philiprporter said:

Hi Paul - apologies, no I don't believe you can buy just the project alone

Of course you can. go for instance on the youchoos website, and look at the select decoder menue, the last 2 lines are the sound file alone, without a decoder. 

Regards Vecchio

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the class 52  and class 08 there both very good the 08 adds a different tone to the other zimo 08's I have as for the class 52 love it fitted with a earth mover speaker sounds very good so much so getting another one

• Agree 1