Vitrains Class 47 Shell to Chassis

Following on from my Colas Clas 47 buffer beam issue, i have a number of Vitrains Class 47 shells, having searched for a while for spare vitrains class 47 chassis's to no avail, I was wondering would the shell fit a Hornby/Bachmann/Heljan Class 47 chassis? obviosuly i would imagine a bit of fettling would be involved, but could anyone recommend the best chassis with the smooths of fits?

Again kind regards for any help provided.

Tom 

I would say the best chassis to fit under the Vitrains 47 body would be the Hornby TTS or Railroad chassis ( being redesigned from the Lima chassis). The Bachmann chassis may fit with a little work, but the Heljan chassis will be to wide to fit anything but a Heljan shell.

• RMweb Premium

Following on from my Colas Clas 47 buffer beam issue, i have a number of Vitrains Class 47 shells, having searched for a while for spare vitrains class 47 chassis's to no avail, I was wondering would the shell fit a Hornby/Bachmann/Heljan Class 47 chassis? obviosuly i would imagine a bit of fettling would be involved, but could anyone recommend the best chassis with the smooths of fits?

Again kind regards for any help provided.

Tom 

Hi,

This is my Hornby body/Heljan chassis class 47. The Heljan chassis does take a bit of thinning down so it is possible to fit other bodies.

Robpost-1741-0-12361100-1521050326.jpgpost-1741-0-84314700-1521050391.jpg