NRM using APC

Thebigshot

Hi Guys

Has anyone else had issues with APC I was told yesterday my item would arrive yesterday and it never appeared then to be told the delivery company never had the item then to be told today I wasn't in an I was clearly at home and apparently they have taken a photo of my property which they refuse to show me so the item is now being returned to NRM and considering this is my first dealing with NRM and the delivery company I'm not sure if this is a regular thing or not

Thanks

Alan

APC is a parcel network that are largely run by pallet network companies. 

My local APC is very good but like pallet networks there are some bad operators!

Never had any issue personally with ordering from the NRM and APC delivering, may just be unlucky!

Hi Duple

Thanks for your response so it seems a one off although Its not a good advert for eather the NRM or APC as this has been my first dealing with both company's and they say first impression sticks

Thanks

Alan

Hi Guys

Has anyone else had issues with APC I was told yesterday my item would arrive yesterday and it never appeared then to be told the delivery company never had the item then to be told today I wasn't in an I was clearly at home and apparently they have taken a photo of my property which they refuse to show me so the item is now being returned to NRM and considering this is my first dealing with NRM and the delivery company I'm not sure if this is a regular thing or not

Thanks

Alan

You're not alone.

I had my NRM Class 66 Evening Star delivered by APC the day after it was released and they put a card thru the door stating I wasn't home but I was standing just down the hallway thinking junk mail was passed thru door hence not rushing after him, there was no knock or ringing of the bell which really got on my nerves as I had to go get it from 3pm at an industrial estate with heavy local traffic.

Yes I could have had it re-delivered rather than collecting but didn't want my loco going thru the ringer the second time with these couriers.

Edited by classy52

This sort of thing seems to be an increasing problem and not just with APC.

I had an instance with Royal Mail where no attempt was made to knock on the door just a card pushed through 'as not in collect from the local sorting office'. When I opened the door and shouted to the post person who was 2 doors down they had to go over to the van to get the parcel.

Some of the numerous Amazon drivers won't wait for you to answer the door. They knock and then head straight back to the van.  In fairness some do give you time to get to the door.

Hi Guy

I hope you all reported the problem to the company you purchase the item from. Classy52 I never got a card it wasn't until an email arrived telling me he supposedly tryed to deliver it.

10000 I rarely have an issue with Royal Mail.

Thanks

Alan

Same thing has happened to me this week with DPD.

Got the email saying my parcel will be with me within half an hour. Nothing. Looked at the number given and it says "Parcel refused". Three people were in and no knock or attempted delivery.

Why anyone would refuse a parcel worth over two hundred pound that they have just ordered is baffling. I know the real reason is the ####### driver couldn't be bothered or got the wrong address.

Now I've go to spend my own time chasing up a parcel that should have been with me three days ago.  :angry:

I hasten to add this wasn't the NRM/Locomotion Models who I've never had any problems dealing with.

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport

DPD do have a facility for you redirect a parcel "Your DPD" along with a mobile app - seems to depend on what service has been paid for by the sender as I have had a number of parcels delivered to Halfords or a corner shop but the last was just delivered direct (not in) and eventually told them to leave in the garden wheelie bin (turned out to something I had not ordered and the sender when I contacted them did not want it returned - if anyone has a Shark HV320UKT I have a floor nozzle part, basically the bottom of the vacuum including the wheels) looking for a home)

Edited by Butler Henderson

DPD do have a facility for you redirect a parcel "Your DPD" along with a mobile app - seems to depend on what service has been paid for by the sender as I have had a number of parcels delivered to Halfords or a corner shop but the last was just delivered direct (not in) and eventually told them to leave in the garden wheelie bin (turned out to something I had not ordered and the sender when I contacted them did not want it returned - if anyone has a Shark HV320UKT I have a floor nozzle part, basically the bottom of the vacuum including the wheels) looking for a home)

I haven't got a mobile just a laptop.

However it wasn't allowing me to do anything at all. It's been "refused" which indicates to the computer system and whoever is in the office that I have refused delivery. Which is not true. Three people were in the property at the time. I have two next door neighbours that are very willing to take in parcels and I have plenty of places that I can pick parcels up from. There are even parcels lockers less than a mile away.

However the driver has seen fit not to use any of those alternatives or he's taken it to the wrong address and the person there has refused it. I'm going to let the sender sort it out as I think they would have more weight than me. It's almost certainly been sent back there.

Jason

This sort of thing seems to be an increasing problem and not just with APC.

I had an instance with Royal Mail where no attempt was made to knock on the door just a card pushed through 'as not in collect from the local sorting office'. When I opened the door and shouted to the post person who was 2 doors down they had to go over to the van to get the parcel.

Some of the numerous Amazon drivers won't wait for you to answer the door. They knock and then head straight back to the van.  In fairness some do give you time to get to the door.

Yep I also have issues with Royal Mail not knocking on the door or ringing the bell.

This only happened yesterday when the lady actually put my copy of Rail Express mag thru the door and due to the noise or commotion as she was trying to shove it thru I walked to the door and grabbed it along with some letters then as I walked away she put a card thru the door for non-delivery of my car wipes and ended up going after her which was quite diabolical.

Again no knock or ring of the bell and too be honest she must have known I had grabbed the magazine as I pulled it from the door or she's as thick as two planks and basically crap at her job, anyway I said to her I was at the door and took the mag/letters but just got a shrug of the shoulders and a quick apology and politely requested she knock a bit harder next time instead of giving her what for.

I haven't got a mobile just a laptop.

However it wasn't allowing me to do anything at all. It's been "refused" which indicates to the computer system and whoever is in the office that I have refused delivery. Which is not true. Three people were in the property at the time. I have two next door neighbours that are very willing to take in parcels and I have plenty of places that I can pick parcels up from. There are even parcels lockers less than a mile away.

However the driver has seen fit not to use any of those alternatives or he's taken it to the wrong address and the person there has refused it. I'm going to let the sender sort it out as I think they would have more weight than me. It's almost certainly been sent back there.

Jason

Hi Jason

Seems like the driver was at the wrong address to me.

Thanks

Alan

P.s can I encourage you all to let who ever you bought the items know you've had issues then maybe the bad service will be a thing of the past

• RMweb Premium

Delivery services are as good as the person making the delivery. Some of the people who do the final delivery are great, others aren't. We went through a bad patch with Amazon but their service to our street now is terrific. Similarly my early experiences with low cost services were dreadful but the local people who deliver for some of them now make a far better effort than our RM and Parcel Force delivery. All down to individuals and something of a lottery.

• RMweb Gold

There is another alternative to this curate's egg of parcel delivery and that is to use Mail Collect from your local Royal Mail sorting office though only if this is within reasonable range of your home.I have used this for over a decade and not had difficulty with it to date....though I accept the point that any service is only as good as the staff operating it.In the case of Locomotion and other retailers this cannot apply and so we are at the tender mercies of the carrier which in this case is APC.On each occasion I have had no difficulty with latterly emailed timed delivery slots from APC which to date have been adhered to.Actually the only quibble I do have with Locomotion on this matter is the relative high cost of delivery.But you can't have everything,can you?

Hi Guys

TBH I've never had this issue and to be fair I never had a choice of who delivers the item and Royal Mail is less than a 5 min walk from where I live so if that was an option I'd have opted for them and not a alternet parcel delivery company TBH and the postmen and women are normily very good where I live

Thanks

Alan

Very odd reports for DPD and Royal Mail here. As for both have been excellent for me, Although for DPD it is computer stuff thats worth a few hundred etc.

Also got neighbours that take stuff in, For Royal Mail, if no answer our stuff gets left at the Postoffice, Since i do that/ COOP, and my mum is a Post Mistress there as well, so guess that helps.

APC is one i haven't had any experience with yet either though.

Chris

I've never had any serious problems with Royal Mail when in England, or its equivalent here, La Poste (who are perhaps even better). But, my top marks go to DHL locally - if the driver finds us out at home, he hunts us down at the local cafe/bar!!

I've never had any serious problems with Royal Mail when in England, or its equivalent here, La Poste (who are perhaps even better). But, my top marks go to DHL locally - if the driver finds us out at home, he hunts us down at the local cafe/bar!!

Well  I  hope  you buy him a  drink (non Alcoholic  of   course!)

• Like 1