Rail served Dairies

Please can anyone identify the location of the dairy shown on page 10 of Barry Norman's book Designing A Layout. As my my scanner has decided to go on the blink I cannot put the photo on line. I've asked the Titfield Thunderbolt bookshop but they do not know the location.

• RMweb Gold

Please can anyone identify the location of the dairy shown on page 10 of Barry Norman's book Designing A Layout. As my my scanner has decided to go on the blink I cannot put the photo on line. I've asked the Titfield Thunderbolt bookshop but they do not know the location.

Express Dairy, Frome. Sadly, it was demolished years ago and the site is now a branch of Jewsons.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=tablet-android-samsung&biw=1280&bih=800&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=Vr2qWpPEJ8bQkwWJpJ_4Bw&q=Frome+station+photos&oq=Frome+station+photos&gs_l=mobile-gws-img.3...92462.103940..104779...1....173.1931.22j2..........1..mobile-gws-wiz-img.......0j30i10.nh95pGWVtCE%3D#imgrc=86RR_X3T4KY-LM:

Regards

Dan

Edited by Dan Randall
  • Like 1

There were a number of rail served dairies on the GWR. It depends what you mean by a dairy.

Morton on the Marsh springs to mind. Also Chard.

A search of Google under "rail served dairies" comes with a lot of information.

Gordon A