REE Moyse locotracteur

Barry Ten

• RMweb Premium

REE have released a model of what I'll call the "Moyse Y6400", with cab doors at the rear and handrails around the sides. I stumbled upon them listed at Jura Modelisme:

https://www.jura-modelisme.fr/s-5/recherche/fabricant-epm/categories_2-accueil?search_query=diesel&orderby=reference&orderway=asc

I guess, these prototypes were a later design by Moyse?

- Richard.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

Not sure who designed the Y6400 but Loco-Revue  La Vie du Rail book shows them as built by Decauville and DeDietrich.

Decauville and DeDietrich are confirmed on this French Wikipedia page:

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y_6400

Please excuse me starting this on a topic about a Moyse loco, but there is a family resemblance :-)

- Richard.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 19/03/2018 at 13:34, Brian Hawkins said:

I have only recently discovered REE Modeles and I'm very impressed with quality of the models that they produce, I have one question though and that is I'm very tempted to purchase on of their steam locomotives with sound and smoke as a retirement present for myself, but will the smoke damage the model overtime ? I have seen videos of these locos and the smoke looks to drift over the model when at a stand.

I discovered Ree modeles by chance, on a visit to Baron Du Rail in Caen, my mission to see if they had any interesting HOe items for a project to model a local narrow gauge French line. No HOe in stock but the Ree locos with sound and smoke are very impressive. Did you give into temptation Brian?  One of the diesels tempts me greatly

• Like 1

Hello Philip, I have built up a large collection off REE models over the last few years, I have around five Pacific steam locos that are sound and smoke fitted, they are simply superb, not a great lover of smoke fitted models, but, REE have produced something exceptional in this case, still not overly impressed with the smoke with their diesel locomotives though. 

REE I believe are producing some HOe diesel railcars sometime later this year and no doubt these will tempt you and your wallet, and good luck with future purchases. 

• Like 1

Yes, REE are making some very tempting models. For now I should try to concentrate on my French HOe project, and getting Northworthy to a wider audience, but suspect that the nice man at Baron du Rail may be seeing me again!

• Like 1