Lytchett Manor Models

John M Upton

• 1 month later...
On 05/12/2021 at 12:54, johndaymodels said:

****** ANNOUNCEMENT ******

Further to Matthew's post, I am pleased to announce that I have purchased the Gem/Fleetline business from Terry Henson, It will be a while before models are available as I am in the process of producing new moulds using the original masters so that I can provide quality models for everyone. You can visit my website,-  http://www.johndaymodels.co.uk/  and click on the 'What's New' tab for information and updates.

I will be uploading a list of the models in the coming weeks, and for anyone interested I have now uploaded the  N gauge Beaver Products range which I also now own, so there is much to look forward to!

Daryle;  John Day Models.

5..JPG

Hi John, great to see the Gem range will survive!
Do you have plans for re-release the 009 Gem Varikit please?
Also do you have any of the masters for the kits GEM built for sale though the FR in the 50's-70's please?
Many thanks, Becca

2 hours ago, Shed82CB said:

Also do you have any of the masters for the kits GEM built for sale though the FR in the 50's-70's please?
Many thanks, Becca

A look at the John Day Models website shows only road vehicle kits as in the GEM/Fleetline range.

The Lytchett Manor Models website states that they only supply N etched nameplates.

The railway kits don't seem to have found a new home yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/02/2022 at 19:44, Shed82CB said:

Many thanks, Becca

Hi Becca,

The Gem 00 and 009 models are going to be a while yet as there is a great deal to do, I have over 300 production moulds to go through, and I suspect that the majority are well worn and not serviceable, so I will be making new moulds using the original brass masters.

P.S. John Day passed away in 2006, shortly after I continued the business.

Daryle.

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 03/02/2022 at 21:51, Jol Wilkinson said:

A look at the John Day Models website shows only road vehicle kits as in the GEM/Fleetline range.

The Lytchett Manor Models website states that they only supply N etched nameplates.

The railway kits don't seem to have found a new home yet.

Hi Jol,

Keep an eye on my website and click on the 'What's New' button for the latest updates, I will soon be putting a list s on for the Fleetline N gauge, Gem 00 sidelines and Gem 00/009 locos, for the locos, I will be inviting people to let me know which are of interest to enable me to prioritise production.

Daryle.

Sad news the 4mm scale locos are not going back into production, thankfully I was able to buy a modern Watford tank recently and also a Cambrian 2-4-0T

Certainly for the Modeller these revised kits were/are a pleasure to build and will outlast many modern RTR locos  

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, hayfield said:

Sad news the 4mm scale locos are not going back into production, thankfully I was able to buy a modern Watford tank recently and also a Cambrian 2-4-0T

Certainly for the Modeller these revised kits were/are a pleasure to build and will outlast many modern RTR locos  

Check the post above yours from Daryl, it appears some may come back depending on interest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 9 months later...