Horton Road TMD

Evening all,

Thanks for the positive comments guys :)

And what ballast do you use?

I got it from my local model shop and it was just bagged as 00 gauge ballast. Once glued down, it was weathered with a mixture of RailMatch sleeper grime, frame dirt and roof dirt.

I've managed to make quite a bit of progress this weekend with the lighting wiring.

The tower lights, shed 1 interior and exterior lights, fuel point lights, portakabin lights and street lights are all wired up but shed 2 lights can't be done as I haven't started the detailing for that shed yet.

To celebrate this wiring milestone, I had to of course have a few loco's out onto the layout to test out how it looked B)

My camera isn't the greatest and a few pics have blurred a little so might have to invest in a better camera at some point in the future.

Anyway, enough waffling, here's a few pics I took :- :D

post-5053-127344291024.jpg

post-5053-127344292575.jpg

post-5053-127344293902.jpg

post-5053-127344297385.jpg

post-5053-127344298581.jpg

post-5053-127344301112.jpg

post-5053-127344302196.jpg

Cheers

Tim

Blimey Horton Road was busy last night! wink.gif

Good work Tim, a nice selection of 60s there.

Cheers Grimley and yes, I have a few 60's that will be visiting in future :D

Not much progress due to work and other things but here's a couple of pics with a couple of recent arrivals (37419 and 60050) :-

post-5053-127413480095.jpg

post-5053-127413481746.jpg

post-5053-127413482821.jpg

Cheers

Tim

Evening all,

The great weather this weekend allowed me the opportunity to tackle the weathering for shed 1 :-

post-5053-127464699746.jpg

And I also sprayed the interior of shed 2 and weathered the outside walls and roof :-

post-5053-127464700721.jpg

Here's a couple of pics with loco's inside :-

post-5053-127464701656.jpg

post-5053-127464702328.jpg

There's still plenty of detailing to be done including the doors and the roof still needs gluing to the walls but I'll leave that for the moment as I need to install the roof lighting and floodlights. I will also need to amend the roof girders slightly to ensure the roof lighting strips fit correctly.

Cheers

Tim

• RMweb Gold

wow, really nice, i've never looked in the layout section before but your username jumped out at me (56303 was the first 56 i drove!!), some really nice touches and the led's and weathering finish it off nicely

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Jim ! Fastline 56303 was one of the first loco's I saw modelled soon after I got back into modelling and I really liked the livery so that's where I got my user name from :D

No progress on the layout recently due to work etc but I've taken the time to start to adding chips to some of the loco's :-

post-5053-127560207626.jpg

I've also bought a new camera so the pics are much clearer but also it allows me to make video clips of the layout.

A few short clips have been made to test out the camera and I've managed to upload them to YouTube and the link to the channel is in my signature below.

Thanks for looking !

Cheers

Tim

• 1 year later...

I have just PMd Tim. But just on the off chance.... Does anybody know what make the tower lights are? They look like Express Models but seem to have different lamps on the top?

Cheers

Guy

Hi Guy, just read your PM and replied but thought I'd post the info here for others as well.

As Sparkey has spotted, they are made by CR Signals and are the LO20W Yard Light version.

The small floodlights on both shed buildings are also by CR Signals but are actually N gauge scale (version LN09B).

Nice layout mate. Ive been following this on Youtube for a while now, its good to see more detail on here :)

Thanks for your comment. I'd taken some time away from modelling due to other priorities but I'm starting to get back into it now and hope to crack on with the layout.

Cheers

Tim

You have a great looking layout Tim. I will be nice to see you back and making progress. I have just read through and will be taking some tips for use on First Avenue. I need to do concrete next and yours looks really good.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

HI 56303,

Your layout is looking fantastic! What did you use to spray your track?

Thanks, James

Hi,

The rail sides were painted with "Rusty rails" paint and then sprayed with Railmatch sleeper grime and frame dirt.

Cheers

Tim

• 3 years later...

Archived