Witney Euston

mitziblue

Hi All

post-7093-0-97203600-1303723270_thumb.jpg

This holiday has seen some progress on the modeling front.

Three new wagon chassis have been built for some more of the robo cut cattle wagons, also two of the boards have had the track cleaned back up in preperation for W E's next outing on May 21 in believe it or not Witney,althou a small show this is one I have been looking forward to. Hopefully there should be a wealth of imformation to be gathered about the lines existence. Guest operator for the day will be Steve once more also Missy will be demoing threwout the day.

On to the picie. Over a year ago I built a midland traction truck, this was in operation at the 50th aniversary expo in Oxford at the time it had no load so Steve very kindly offered to build one for it which he completed a few months ago under the condition it was loaded on for the next exhibition.

Chokes in with some 1x1 brass section to rep large timbers it is tied down using etched container securing chains from N Brass Locomotives. This is a very fine etch and extremaly hard to see the tags to cut for removing the items but well worth the effort.

finally the yolks are tied down with one of my daughters hairs obtained while she was distracted.

This now left it ready for the tarpallings which are made from a thin piece of lead molded over the load and trimed to shape then covered in cigaret papers and painted , weathered to suit.

Finally tie down ropes were added to finish the job.

post-7093-0-98904100-1303723282_thumb.jpg

You didn't think I would hide that marvolous work did you Steve :lol: a magnet is installed under the lead to remove the tarp's when in the loading bay.

Mark :)

Hi Mark, good to see you have made progress with the 0-6-0. It looks good.

Are you lining it or leaving it plain red?

I'm not sure what they did with goods engines - I have seen lined and unlined, but sometimes I suspect they are prototypes which are given special treatment for photographic reasons.

Also think the tarp looks neat. A good idea to use lead sheet and Rizlas.

Whats that I saw about guitars?

Chris

Are you lining it or leaving it plain red?

I'm not sure what they did with goods engines - I have seen lined and unlined, but sometimes I suspect they are prototypes which are given special treatment for photographic reasons.

Hi Chris

Checking through the book I got before spraying the loco it seems they droped linning on goods engines in 1909 and this class went black from 1913 so what I have done is the finnished livery for 1910.

Whats that I saw about guitars?

From the age of 16 I have tried to play the guitar, giving it up for a few years here and there but always come back to it. It just seems I'm playing this more often in my spare time at the mo probably in anticipation of buying a Fender Stratocaster in a few weeks, only wanted one for 25+ years. :)

Mark

Hi Chris

Checking through the book I got before spraying the loco it seems they droped linning on goods engines in 1909 and this class went black from 1913 so what I have done is the finnished livery for 1910.

Ok. I tend to focus on pre 1907 of course, the renumbering year.

That's one fiddly job at least you don't have to worry about! :P

From the age of 16 I have tried to play the guitar, giving it up for a few years here and there but always come back to it. It just seems I'm playing this more often in my spare time at the mo probably in anticipation of buying a Fender Stratocaster in a few weeks, only wanted one for 25+ years. :)

Mark

Ah that explains it.

I have four guitars myself, including a 1990 US Strat fitted with Lace Sensor p/ups, and three amps, which I have accumulated over years of playing at home and in bands, though I am pretty rusty now; and was only ever average at best.

Funnily enough a couple of months ago I bought a telecaster to revive my interest in playing, and a little Fender 25W amp which is brilliant.

Chris

• RMweb Gold

in anticipation of buying a Fender Stratocaster in a few weeks, only wanted one for 25+ years. :)

to revive my interest in playing, and a little Fender 25W amp which is brilliant.

Hmmm....I can see a new small 2FS rock band started to form...do you need a lead singer? :lol:

We will be just like Rod Stewart....On tour doing stadium gigs...followed by a few beers and a late night 2FS modelling session...

Oh, the enviable life of a Rockstar 2FS modeller ;)

PS - Nice work on the tarp Mark...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Again it was nice to see this layout at Abingdon yesterday, (can you be arrested for storking a layout?) alongside Highclare.

The mind just boggles at what storking a layout might entail.

Don

Archived