Which company is the best at renumbering and renaming?

Hello i need some advice.When the NRM released Butler Henderson in GCR livery i was a bit flushed and bought 2. I have been purchasing stuff to start my layout soon they are unused and when Mons was released i thought i might sell one.I have changed my mind and im gonna get 1 of them renumbered to 508 Prince of Wales .What i want to know is who is the best to carry out this work to professional standards it has to be that good. On another note could this model be made into a D10 easily as if im gonna do this i might go the whole hog as i really like The Earl of Kerry as well. Lastly when you put Butler Henderson and Mons side by side there is a lot of differance in Tender colour and handrails colour its strange but i like the subtle differances. Regrds ezza

• Like 1

Hello i need some advice.When the NRM released Butler Henderson in GCR livery i was a bit flushed and bought 2. I have been purchasing stuff to start my layout soon they are unused and when Mons was released i thought i might sell one.I have changed my mind and im gonna get 1 of them renumbered to 508 Prince of Wales .What i want to know is who is the best to carry out this work to professional standards it has to be that good. On another note could this model be made into a D10 easily as if im gonna do this i might go the whole hog as i really like The Earl of Kerry as well. Lastly when you put Butler Henderson and Mons side by side there is a lot of differance in Tender colour and handrails colour its strange but i like the subtle differances. Regrds ezza

Help>

• RMweb Premium

Perhaps if you gave some idea of your location rather than "home mainly" some of us could give some sort of realistic answer.

TMC offer a service but I have not used them - too far away (hence the question about location)

https://www.themodelcentre.com/customisation-at-tmc/

They do seem to have a good reputation.

Perhaps if you gave some idea of your location rather than "home mainly" some of us could give some sort of realistic answer.

TMC offer a service but I have not used them - too far away (hence the question about location)

https://www.themodelcentre.com/customisation-at-tmc/

They do seem to have a good reputation.

Dont bother you smarmy git

I don't think Andy was intending to be "smarmy" - it is very hard to recommend places without knowing where you're based. If you're in Cornwall, for example, a recommendation of somewhere in Scotland is unlikely to be quite what you're looking for. 

Regarding the differences in handrail colours and suchlike, I believe the Bachmann model of Butler Henderson was a National Railway Museum edition, so may represent the loco as she is in the museum now rather than how the class was in service in GCR days, 

As for backdating the model to a D10, I am not a GCR expert, but I believe you'd need to change the cab (D11s have side windows, D10s (or Class 11E as the GCR called them) didn't) and the safety valves. I'm sure the true GCR aficionados will be able to supply more detail differences. I've found the LNER Encyclopedia to be an excellent source of info to start research into any particular class that lasted into LNER days. 

• RMweb Premium

Don't worry Guys, having worked with rescue organisations, I am used to people who shout "help" and then throw it back in your face.

Ezza, at least you got a suggestion from me.  From your answer, I doubt you will get any more.  Please learn from that.

Personally I do hope you can find someone  who can do the job for you despite your unpleasant response.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1