Minerva announce Manning Wardle K Class 0-6-0ST

Andy Y

Manning Wardle News

We are advised that the delivery of the new, smaller motors being manufactured for our Manning Wardles has been delayed by two weeks.  They were due to our factory two days ago, but are not now expected until the 22nd January.  This has disrupted production in our factory, which is in the process of final assembly with all the parts manufactured and painted.

Our main concern now is that production cannot be completed until after Chinese New Year, which will impose a further delay whilst celebrations take place. We are very disappointed this has occurred, and can only apologise for this. The good news is that the first ones will be here next month, subject to no further delays in the manufacturing process or shipping that are beyond Minerva’s control.

Chris and Chris

Chris and Chris

Fully understand the position which is beyond your control.

I can only speak for myself but I'm more than happy to wait for what should be a cracking little loco.

Stephen

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Chris and Chris

Fully understand the position which is beyond your control.

I can only speak for myself but I'm more than happy to wait for what should be a cracking little loco.

Stephen

Says a lot when this dainty little loco is dwarfed by a 12T van!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Dava said:

MW_K_class_delivery.jpg.69a9f1e86274d895f8e72e4b163a225a.jpg

Hello, is Mr Klein there? Any news on my Manning Wardle K Class locomotive engine delivery?

Not sure if the neighbours would prefer that as a delivery method to the more usual carriers.

Nice picture.

Adrian

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

11 hours ago, Dava said:

Mr Klein has advised that he will know more about delivery timescales after the Chinese New Year holiday ends next week!

Yes indeed. The motors finally arrived albeit late. We will get a sitrep after CNY as Dava says.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Postie has fought through Storm Erik to deliver these goodies from Narrow Planet. They include works and nameplates for customers who want us to personalise their Minerva 0 gauge Manning Wardles and are made to Narrow Planet’s usual high standards. Narrow Planet will be offering an exclusive deal for Manning Wardle customers and full details will be included with the locomotives. We hope to take delivery soon and have been promised a sitrep when the factory reopens after the Chinese New Year celebrations.

Chris K

NP_Plates_080219.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Manning Wardles have at last arrived in the UK. However with the need to organise transport, it is impossible to get them here in time to prepare for the GOG Kettering show this Saturday. We are therefore very disappointed to say that they will not be available for collection or sale at the exhibition.

The good news is that we should be able to start testing and packing early next week, so customers with advance DC-only orders will start to receive them around the 6th March onwards. DCC and DCC sound models will start to be dispatched from us either late in the following week, or week commencing 18th March.

We are very sorry that time has just beaten us, but you can assure that they are worth the short delay.

Chris B and Chris K

DS_Minerva_MWs_Cwm_Bach_02.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Great news Chris! There is certainly no need to apologise for the (very slight!!) delay. They look superb and, given your track record with Ixion and Minerva products, will undoubtedly be worth the wait. 

Cannot wait to see these little beauties in the flesh. Based on the photographs you must be over the moon with how they have turned out! :good_mini:

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

My two arrived this morning – and very nice they are too. Now I have to remember where I stashed away the nameplates and works plates...oh, and figure out how to convert them to Scale7! 

Many thanks Chris.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Managed to prise mine out of the hands of the Royal Mail just before the sorting office closed at 8pm. Haven't had chance to give it a run yet (I'm afraid there's a lot more than leafs on my line at the moment !) Will take it down to the Leeds MR Club for tonight's talk, where I suspect it may meet a couple of siblings.

I have to say how impressed I am, I don't think that the photos quite bring home how fine the detail is, the coupling rods particularly impressed me. I was beginning to think that I had made a mistake by ordering a Blue one instead of the Red one, was worrying about the lining, but have to say it looks much better in the flesh, so, more than happy with my choice now ....except, now I'll have to save up for a Red one aswell !

Many thanks to Chris and his team for bringing us this "Thing of Beauty."

Regards,

Ian.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

That's lovely, Andrew. It looks exquisite and reinforces my conviction that I was right to choose the blue one as well.

That said, I am deferring gratification in order to save the postage and will pick it up at a show in due course. Minerva are very helpful like that!

That said, I'm beginning to wonder if the cost of the postage might not be worth it after all!

But a friend at the club will also have his at our next meeting, so I can get a temporary 'fix' then.

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, ullypug said:

Mines arrived and is just gorgeous. And that’s coming from a 4mm modeller!

Two points -

Number 1 - you won't be for long!! :declare::no: :mosking:

Number 2 - Blimey, I didn't realise how small that loco actually is, until your photos of it next to a 4-wheel wagon!!! :read: :swoon:

Edited by F-UnitMad
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 1