SWAG Members Day & Taunton MRG - The SWAG Freight train

Stubby47

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

The SWAG Members Day this year (29th April, 2018, Staplegrove Village Hall, more details to follow !!) is the 10th occurrence of this prestigious event.

As part of the weekend's festivities, for some years we've been very kindly invited to the Taunton MRG premises at Bishops Lydeard Station to view their layouts. 

As many of you probably know, any member of their club has to provide a train, to be left on the layout for public viewing.

As once-per-year guest members, we (the SWAG organising team) think it would be fitting it we offered to supply such a train, as a thank you for the hospitality & friendship.

We've already had a donation of a superb loco, so we'd like to invite offers of donations of freight wagons it can pull.

post-7025-0-85839400-1521548103.png

To ensure these are in keeping with the loco, please can these be pre 1948, and be 00 with tension locks.

Should you wish to donate a wagon, please send them to me (PM for my address).

Thanks

The SWAG Team

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Evening Stubby,

I've had a rummage around in my stock boxes and found two wagons, with tension lock couplings, which should fitting the bill. 

post-7376-0-17171400-1522004280_thumb.jpg

post-7376-0-37688800-1522004294_thumb.jpg

If I get 5 minutes, I'll try and fit a coal load in the pair.

Kind regards,

Nick.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

With only a week or so to go, unless you're coming to the Taunton MRG clubrooms at Bishops' Lydeard on the Saturday evening,  please PM me for my address to send your donations to.

Ta

The brake van was a Triang one I had before I turned to the O gauge dark side, so it's getting on a bit now, like me.

post-18627-0-24540100-1524323174.jpg

The wagon was a Wrenn one that I found in the depths of the roof, it's hard to believe that I painted the brake van over 40 years ago, where did the time go!

Peter

I was at the airport (SFO) yesterday and knew there was someplace I was supposed to go. Oh well missed it again this year.....

It's over by now on GMT so I hope you all had fun.

• RMweb Gold

Just to complete this topic.

Last Saturday evening, during the visit to the Taunton MRG clubrooms, we presented the Chairman, David Buckley, with a box containing the RMweb freight train.

This was well received and thanks were offered.

So thanks to all the members (and Andy for the loco!) who gave wagons to make up the train.

• Like 3