DERBY ROUNDHOUSE 12th & 13th May 2018

Mike Bellamy

I have exhibited at the show for a number of years and this year (mine was Neuburg - East German in the bar area) was up to the usual high standard. A thoroughly enjoyable weekend - met lots of interesting people, many fine layouts and as said above, the trade should have satisfied anybody's needs (it did mine!). Also, thanks to the Mickleover club for their hospitality. Well done to Alex, Mike and all those involved. Here's to next year....

St Combs now slumbering in the trailer ready for Manchester DCC Show this coming weekend. Thanks to Alex and his colleagues for a most agreeable weekend. Excellently organised, as usual. All being well, see you next year with the German TT layout

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

I would like to add our thanks from the Hinksey Team to the Mickleover Group for their friendly hospitality over the weekend and for putting on a great show. The location was spectacular and we spent a lot of time just looking at the wonderful, sympathetically-restored building.

Lots of great layouts and useful traders, with plenty of interest from the public. All-in-all an excellent show.

Many thanks,

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 1

Super show and the venue is just the bee's knees. Very well organised & great hospitality - very much enjoyed taking Arigna Town north again & the M! re-opening early made the journey home fairly painless. 

Mention must be made of all the friendly people who I spoke to - not every show has visitors this engaging, while it was lovely to see a group of Ulster modellers who had come 'over the water' for a weekend visit. 

Many thanks to the organisers for making it such a fine weekend.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks to Alex for inviting Leysdown to the show and the friendly hospitality of the Mickleover Model Railway Group.

The team had a thoroughly enjoyable weekend in a wonderfully atmospheric venue - looking forward to returning with Sandford & Banwell sometime in the future.

post-693-0-96683000-1526294922_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hello

On behalf of myself and the wonderful Mr Paul Wade I would like to thank Alex and every-one else in Mickleover MRC foe putting on a great show and for looking after us so well. Also to all the visitors who came to look at Towcester and made so many nice comments about it.

Cheers

George

• Like 1

I went to the show  on Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed it (as usual) the selection of layouts meant something was available for all tastes (except perhaps O gauge live steamers). I managed to buy a few more N scale coal hoppers for moderate prices but controlled myself where a few other desirable items made my wallet itch! Many thanks lads,  I had a great time until my legs started to give out - boy, was I glad of the lift to take me over the railway bridge to get my bus.  Looking forward to next year's show.

Echoing the comments of the other layouts, the Minories (GN) team had a great time at the show. The layout just about behaved, we had lots of interesting chats with visitors and there was plenty to entertain us elsewhere in the show in breaks. Thanks to the MMRC for having us.

• Like 1

I went on Sunday, it's the third year I've been, and Derby is definitely a 'don't miss' event for me now. Another very enjoyable show- some excellent layouts, good trade support, and one of the most appropriate and atmospheric venues you could wish for. A very big vote of thanks to all who made it happen