SWAG Member's Day - 2018

Stubby47

• RMweb Gold

I will be travelling down on the Sunday morning, Graham so I won't be there on Saturday night.

Rob.

Chaps - what is the charity that will benefit from the event this year, please?

Thanks.

Chaps and chapesses (!),

I am proposing the Bring & Buy surpluses we generate go to the same good cause as last year, i.e. Macmillan Nurses https://www.macmillan.org.uk/information-and-support/coping/getting-support/macmillan-nurses.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwqYfWBRDPARIsABjQRYyYf2ZJzb598IhCu5_oPvrwPn6NEhxBwOn6lvxfzp_bqduQTSgCd4YaAiWdEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds 

Also, as Stu says, bring plenty of cash! Although I am hoping to have a credit card reader to hand on the day so you can spend your hard-erned even easier!

I shall be posting (on here) in the next few days, a down-loadable Bring & Buy form for you all to print, fill in, and bring with your goodies for sale. Same format and terms as last year as this seemed to work very well. As before, 10% of sales profits will go to our supported charity.

Time to rummage through your "I don't really need that anymore" boxes of stuff, generate some extra spends money for yourself, and help support a worthwhile cause!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

That's a bit of good luck, only the other day I was wondering what to do with my collection of Japanese bras.

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Each

I am going to book a table for the Saturday evening at the Lethbridge Arms in Bishops Lydeard, please could those wishing to join us for the Saturday evening meal let me know by PM over the next few days then I can make the booking accordingly and if required get back to you sort out menu choices (should they like last year prefer them in advance)

many thanks

Just another bump as a reminder to those planning to join us on tne Saturday

Now is about the time to put out an appeal for cakes, whilst camaraderie, pasties and the bring and buy are the main events for Sunday, it wouldn't be a successful event without cake, so if anyone can offer to supply some please let us know.

Otherwise there will be no sugar rush to get you through the day.

Peter

• RMweb Premium

That's a bit of good luck, only the other day I was wondering what to do with my collection of Japanese bras.

Rob.

"Friendly/supportive" - geddit?

Won't be there in person but as always supporting you in spirit (Islay malt, probably).

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

"Friendly/supportive" - geddit?

Won't be there in person but as always supporting you in spirit (Islay malt, probably).

:boredom:  :lazy: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ROLL UP, ROLL UP! 

The Good Captain’s BRING & BUY

Turn your old modelling and railway stuff into readies, or pick up a bargain, on his infamous SWAGONIAN second-hand sales stall

Yes folks, we're back by popular request! We will again be holding a BRING & BUY stall at the RMweb SWAG meeting on Sunday, 29th April. All the usual exciting bargains to be had, plus an opportunity to shift some of your old junk erm... pre-loved quality goodies too.

To sell - all you have to do is print out and fill in the form(s) and deliver together with your pre-loved stuff to one of our stewards on the day (they will be wearing special badges). You get the value of the goods sold at the end of the day (minus 10%, see below). Or to buy - just rummage through the goodies on display, pick up that long-desired item and then pay us! Simples.

We will take cash, cheques (if we like your face) and also expect to have a Credit Card-reader/PayPal reader to hand.this year. So there's no excuse not to spend, spend, spend!

As per last year, 10% of all monies raised will go to the Macmillan Nurses cancer care charity https://www.macmillan.org.uk/ We feel this is a very worthwhile cause for us to support. 

Please find below the down-loadable BRING & BUY forms for you to complete before you arrive. Alternatively, we shall have paper spares available to fill in on the day. See back of form for Conditions and details.

SWAG 2018 Form.docx 

See you there, landlubbers!

Edited by Phil Copleston
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Just to confirm that currently on the Saturday evening there will be 7 of us at the Lethbridge Arms Myself, Stu plus son, St.Simon plus 2 and Phil-b259  (although we may be joined by one or more members of the Taunton Railway Group) anyone else fancy joining us?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

SWAG badges will again be available at the door, but it will help if you have yours from last year and can both find it and remember to bring it.

Doors open 10:00, watch out for the Bachmann-scrum at the Bring & Buy stall, and don't forget to contact Chris, Brian or Simon if you want any special orders bringing.

• Like 2