SWAG Member's Day - 2018

Stubby47

• RMweb Gold

He's asked nicely and will be getting a lift both directions.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Yes, very much so and sometimes something that wasn't planned in advance and is a last minute decision turns out to be a fun and friendly day. It will also be great to put faces to familiar names.

• Like 2

Due to the time of the year that the Members Day occurs, it'll be a while before I'm able to travel to Taunton for the weekend. But as I am not currently a member of any area group (though I might be able to join the Cheltenham one) for future reference, do I need to apply for a visa or make any other arrangements to attend this event? :)

• RMweb Gold

The usual fee for first time visitors is donation of a cake ( my preference is chocolate) - this is usually deemed sufficient.

Does it have to be hand made or is shop bought permissible.

Hi,

I've just taken Newgate Lane out of hibernation after a year and I'm afraid to say it is too tatty state to bring along really. I'll bring along my 3D Printing samples anyway along with a small display of my new book (okay, more of folder) and possibly something about IEPs. 

Also it'll leave some table room for those that want to display other items.

Simon

• RMweb Premium

Stubzie, sorry if I've missed it but how does the bring and buy work? Do we have to provide any sort of list or mark up the items in any way (other than price)? Does a cut of the sale go to charity??

• RMweb Gold

You bring the items you no longer want, with a price you'd like.

Phil has forms to fill in ( there is a download available is his earlier post).

The stall takes 10% for charity and you get paid 90% of the selling price.

• RMweb Gold

Stubzie, sorry if I've missed it but how does the bring and buy work? Do we have to provide any sort of list or mark up the items in any way (other than price)? Does a cut of the sale go to charity??

Chris, do try and keep up dear boy:-))

Young Phil and Kim will be running the BandB sale, full details on page two of this thread. 10% goes to the chosen charity. Forms are available for download of they will have some on the day.

Looking forward to seeing you on the day. You can come and share my tables with your small scale model of your model if you want - we can tell the unwary it's 2mm! I'll tell you all about my top secret 7mm plans, so long as you promise not to tell anyone else .......shhhhh!

Jerry

• Like 3

It's usually everybody brings....and I buy!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Could someone please remind me that I have to pick the pasties and chicken & ham pie up in about an hour.

I wouldn't want to forget to do that.

Don't forget to pick up the pasties and chicken & ham pie in about an hour.

Hat, coat, etc.

The Good Captain’s BRING & BUY

:preved:Turn your old modelling and railway stuff into readies, or pick up a bargain, on his infamous SWAGONIAN second-hand sales stall. :preved:

Just one day to go! Prompted by Chris's timely question about how the BRING & BUY works, here is another upload of the required forms. Conditions and explanations of how it all works are on the back of the form. 

SWAG 2018 Form.docx

Ideally, print out and fill in the form(s) before you arrive and attach sticky labels to your items indicating your ID and price. Then see me or Kim when you arrive (we will be wearing B&B 'Official Steward' badges) to hand over your forms and goodies. We will do the rest. And if you forget, we will have extra paper forms to hand on the day.

BRING PLENTY OF STUFF to sell, please - empty those gloat-boxes! And/or buy loads of items - remember, we all love to rummage and pick up a bargain. :dancer: :senile: :sarcastichand:

See you all tomorrow! 

Edited by Phil Copleston
  • Like 2