SWAG Member's Day - 2018

Stubby47

• RMweb Gold

Well we had a splendid day, many thanks to Stu, Moz , Pete and the rest of the team. Kim sold lots of pens and I most definitely did not have an extra portion of pie!!

Did lots of chatting catching up with all sorts of people and I managed about half a dozen solder joints in six hours so that was pretty good! The only picture I took all day was of the signals I'm working on so many thanks to all those who recorded the days events

post-1074-0-02408600-1525035656_thumb.jpg

Jerry and Kim

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Can I just add my thanks to everyone who made today such a success. Peter & Muz, Phil & Kim, Chris, Brian & Simon, everyone who brought a layout or demo stuff and lastly and most importantly everyone who visited.

A quick chat just before we left confirmed we were a little worried about the popularity of the event - your comments above do make the day worthwhile.

Thank you.

• Like 4

Can I just add my thanks to everyone who made today such a success. Peter & Muz, Phil & Kim, Chris, Brian & Simon, everyone who brought a layout or demo stuff and lastly and most importantly everyone who visited.

A quick chat just before we left confirmed we were a little worried about the popularity of the event - your comments above do make the day worthwhile.

Thank you.

Better than a Royal Wedding IMHO !  :senile:

More please 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I had a thoroughy good day. t was nice to see everyone. I apologise for the layout not being as ready as I would have liked. 

Looking forward to next year and currently topping up the cake intake with Apple pie and cream.

My thanks to all those who helped to make it a great day.

Don

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Well we had a splendid day, many thanks to Stu, Moz , Pete and the rest of the team. Kim sold lots of pens and I most definitely did not have an extra portion of pie!!

Did lots of chatting catching up with all sorts of people and I managed about half a dozen solder joints in six hours so that was pretty good! The only picture I took all day was of the signals I'm working on so many thanks to all those who recorded the days events

attachicon.gifIMG_3986.JPG

Jerry and Kim

Obviously Photoshopped. I demand evidence that you did something demonstraty during the show.

See, nothing going on here:

post-6675-0-07676600-1525065869_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I had a thoroughy good day. t was nice to see everyone. I apologise for the layout not being as ready as I would have liked. 

Looking forward to next year and currently topping up the cake intake with Apple pie and cream.

My thanks to all those who helped to make it a great day.

Don

post-6675-0-90868200-1525066188_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

So.... ...... did any one else spot the lurking R2D2 then.. ?

NO - but as EasyJet Flight 6014 passed over Staplegrove at 8,000' on the approach to Bristol, the pilot declared an emergency having been blinded by what he thought was a laser....................calm was restored when I pointed out the bright green light was in fact Black Rat's shirt !

• RMweb Gold

I most certainly did not demonstrate eating an extra portion of pie.

jerry

And I most certainly, apparently allegedly possibly maybe, did not sell said extra portion of pie  (fingers firmly crossed behind back..) 

Edited by Graham_Muz
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A great day, thank you to Stu, Graham, Phil and all the other organisers/participants/visitors.

Neil's shirt lived up to everyone's garish expectations, I had lots of cameo conversations and enjoyed meeting 2manyspams Chris for the first time - up the Southern!

And I was also lucky enough to come away with a really nice turquoise-ish ballpoint pen with a really interesting website on it. I hadn't realised I needed one but thankfully Kim was there to help me.

Great layouts in abundant evidence, and it was an absolute privilege to meet Lord and Lady Spokeshave too......

Simon

• Like 3

May I add my heartfelt thanks to those who made this happen again this year. I found my 2nd visit very enjoyable, and more relaxed.

Although I did find myself regreting not having a layout to show this year. Best watch out looks like I'm hooked!

Special thanks to Stu, especially for the kind words re my cornish hedges. And for those who wondered, that was the random unattended stuff on the

table by the fire exits.

For comleteness I'll also share a few of the pics I took.

post-25234-0-00237400-1525115063_thumb.jpg

post-25234-0-81621100-1525115624_thumb.jpg

post-25234-0-96897900-1525115852_thumb.jpg

post-25234-0-05196300-1525116018_thumb.jpg

post-25234-0-42655800-1525116292_thumb.jpg

Once again many thanks, and when can we do it again?

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

If we wanted a 6ft SLS promotional/publication sales stand (Society published books only) next year would that be possible and when would the event date be set? I was hoping to come and ask in person yesterday but unable to travel up from Portland in the end as I was  having to finish off editing the next Journal issue as today was the final send draft to the printer deadline.

Edited by john new

Having tasted the excellent fayre from the kitchen I was very taken with the Rosemary cake.

Which of the parishioners good lady made it and can I have the recipe please !

G

[quote name="bgman" post="3147654" timestamp="1525125872"

Which of the parishioners good lady made it and can I have the recipe please !

G

PLEASE ! Don't turn RMweb into a recipe swapping club !

Unless its pasty related !

• RMweb Premium

Why not, we discuss just about everything else,

and food can be more enjoyable than some of the

stuff that finds it's way onto here ☺☺☺

It takes Allsorts !

Yours

Bertie Bassett + Mary Berry

Edited by bgman
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It was indeed the Memsahib who scratch built the Rosemary sponge cake. I shall enquire regarding the instructions and parts required.

Next year will see some chocolate and beetroot muffins.

Rob.

• Like 3