R37 Serie 5600

Brian Hawkins

This is a long shot, i've been searching the Modelbahn lippe website this afternoon and discovered this little beauty, i'll be interested to hear from anyone who has this Ho model and could tell me if the sound is good or bad before I commit myself.

https://www.modellbahnshop-lippe.com/produkt/R37/166-4-007003-267156-0-0-0-14-3-2-0-gatt-gb-p-0/ein_produkt.html.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I think R37 are linked to Rail 87 who a couple of years ago produced models of the X5523 and XPD5830 railcars. I got a couple of these and was not that impressed with the running qualities of the models ...... although they are beautiful models to look at.

Maybe I'll get one out and see how it performs......

I think "Olddudders" of this parish may know something about R37 and Rail 87.

Keith

• RMweb Gold

I think R37 are linked to Rail 87 who a couple of years ago produced models of the X5523 and XPD5830 railcars. I got a couple of these and was not that impressed with the running qualities of the models ...... although they are beautiful models to look at.

Maybe I'll get one out and see how it performs......

I think "Olddudders" of this parish may know something about R37 and Rail 87.

Keith

I do. I think the two firms are the same chap in Tours. As Keith says, they are typical modern models with lots of fine detail, but while I found the Mobylettes X55xx and X58xx ran reasonably well, though not brilliantly, the X5600 is rather more fussy, which probably tells us why sales of that range have been significantly slower. The dodge may well be to use the trailer for pickups, wired through to the X5600. The trailer vehicles, of course, would hang just as well on the back of a Mobylette, a Picasso or an ABJ. 

I made the plunge, my X5660 + XRBD 9210 arrived from Germany this morning and upon opening the box I was disappointed straight away by finding a buffer lose inside, should be an easy fix, not to many sound functions to be honest with F5 being the start up which completely fooled me to start with, all in all I'm pleased with the model and its certainly the strangest looking model in my collection.