DEMU SHOWCASE 2018 June 2nd/3rd Burton on Trent Town Hall

lyneux

And for those who may have missed it on the web site and social media posts, Railtec now has a "click and collect" facility whereby you can browse the monstrous catalog from the comfort of your own chair, select what you want, pay via your usual online means and then simply select to collect it at the show (so no P&P) at the weekend. This guarantees availability, saves time for you at the show and generally makes life easier for everyone. Anything which comes in up until around midnight Friday will be eligible for this.

All being well there will also be a new concept available to see on the Railtec stand, which should make one aspect of modelling a lot easier and cheaper.

http://www.railtec-transfers.com/

Just about most major TOCs are covered, so there will be offerings available for Network Rail, Colas, EWS, DB Schenker, DRS, First Great Western, West Coast Railways, Northern Belle, First ScotRail Saltire, Freightliner, GBRf, Belmond Royal Scotsman, Europhoenix, Rail Operations Group & more. Everything which is showing in stock on the web site will be at the show (including dry rub-on product). If it's not in stock then, um, it won't be with us at the show, much to the surprise of at least one person every year!

"I've tried the others; now I only use Railtec". Pete Waterman, OBE DL

"For D&E era, Railtec really are the best." Tim Shackleton, Hornby Magazine

Even though it is a diesel and electric themed show, for those without a D&E bent, there is still plenty of great modelling to be seen.

Deadmans Lane has had a couple of tweaks since the last exhibition.

Hopefully, there will also be a 3-4 new rakes of wagons to go at...…

There is a plan to swap a few trains between Saturday and Sunday, but we'll se how we go.

Looking forward to the weekend with our (in)famous guest operator.

For those not familiar with DL - here it is at a previous show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cEvcLBS9rY&t=523s

Cheers,

Mick

Saw the layout for the first time at Derby Mick, had a bit of trouble getting a vantage spot though! Testament to your reputation that though and it's great to see all those Airfix/Dapol/Hornby Mk2's all detailed up - shows what can be done with them.

Me and our crew will be there Saturday, so I'm hoping to be able to get a prolonged stay in front of DML this time!

cheers

Andy

Nice, knocked 30 minutes off my journey time and got a bit longer in bed by trusting Northern to be running to time and it is so I’ve made my connection and now have a seat on a nice comfortable EMT 158 down to Nottingham.

Much better than the free for all that is a Cross Country train to Birmingham on a Saturday.

Much better than the free for all that is a Cross Country train to Birmingham on a Saturday.

The Cross country HST I’m currently on between Sheffield and Burton is empty enough. Looking forward to the show.

Heads up for anyone parking in the station car park off Derby St, around the Travelodge.

There are 2 car parks, East Midlands Trains and Derby St (Excel parking) side by side

Make sure you buy the right ticket for the right space. Excel are £1 cheaper

Cheers

Phil

Edited by Phil R

The Cross country HST I’m currently on between Sheffield and Burton is empty enough. Looking forward to the show.

It’s the Cross Country trains from Manchester I like to avoid, they are generally packed on a Saturday morning. It was very nice passing through Piccadilly this morning knowing I didn’t have to alight.

Just returning from the show. Very enjoyable to see modern image in force. Well done DEMU.

I particularly enjoyed Alderford. So good to see a 4mm layout featuring OHLE where the loco pans run on the contact wire and follows its contours as opposed to having limited travel where they are held in position below the wire.

Edited by GoingUnderground
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Been helping out Mark with Fryers Lane all day to day. Excellent show (even though I'm a steam era modeller) and worth going for the trade alone. I liked Deadmans Lane which was based on the RTC site in Derby - particularly as I spent a number of years working in the Brunel office block which is partly included on the layout.

Swelteringly hot and humid in the Dove Room (no ventilation) - can the organisers do something about this tomorrow? Top marks for providing free bottled water though in the exhibitor's kitchen - very welcome.

The only layout i walked straight past was the long one in the Lingen Room. Far to many DCC sound locos on full whack all trying to drown each other out. I like DCC sound but that was not pleasant at all. Turn a few off chaps please.

Other than that, great show, well done.

• RMweb Gold

Heads up for anyone parking in the station car park off Derby St, around the Travelodge.

There are 2 car parks, East Midlands Trains and Derby St (Excel parking) side by side

Make sure you buy the right ticket for the right space. Excel are £1 cheaper

Cheers

Phil

Indeed.There is also free parking available in the streets adjacent to the Town Hall.

• RMweb Premium

Indeed.There is also free parking available in the streets adjacent to the Town Hall.

The very confusing bit is that at the front of the Town Hall there's a sign saying park at the rear. In the rear car park there's signs saying permit only at all times. Didn't chance it and found on-street parking.

• RMweb Gold

The very confusing bit is that at the front of the Town Hall there's a sign saying park at the rear. In the rear car park there's signs saying permit only at all times. Didn't chance it and found on-street parking.

Confusing it certainly is. The old car park which was situated at the rear is now built on as part of Burton College......they didn't change the signs at the front though.

My first visit to this excellent show, hopefully I will be able to come next year, if, as Gilbert says, the new venue can be reached by rail. It seems unfair to single out one layout but I thought Burton-upon-Trent was a great example of modelling a busy main line in a small space.

Swelteringly hot and humid in the Dove Room (no ventilation) - can the organisers do something about this tomorrow?

The only layout i walked straight past was the long one in the Lingen Room. Far to many DCC sound locos on full whack all trying to drown each other out. I like DCC sound but that was not pleasant at all. Turn a few off chaps please.

Other than that, great show, well done.

Agree on the big layout in the Lingen Room, I did the same.

Dove room unbearable at times and I was a visitor, pity the exhibitors in there, I think Burton On Trent (the model) was suffering as a result

Nice to see Alderford again.

Trade was good and I was pleased to handle one of Tim Horn's new turntable fiddleyard boards, want one when they come out.

Yes the Layout was suffering a little from track movement around the board joints which was causing a few derailments and shorts now and again. Frustrating but hopefully I can do a bit of tweaking in the morning to alow for it as it is given hot again tomorrow.

• RMweb Premium

Yes the Layout was suffering a little from track movement around the board joints which was causing a few derailments and shorts now and again. Frustrating but hopefully I can do a bit of tweaking in the morning to alow for it as it is given hot again tomorrow.

I apologise now but it's definitely going to be shorts rather than trousers tomorrow.

Great show, lots of great layouts, Burton on Trent, Fryers Lane, Deadmans Lane and Longcarse West where my favourites. Great to meet Cav, Alex and Jeremy. Managed to pick a few bits up and joined DEMU. Also good to see the upcoming Revolution Cargo Twins and Class 92, cannot wait for mine to arrive.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I apologise now but it's definitely going to be shorts rather than trousers tomorrow.

Whoa!!!

post-14122-0-80185200-1527965443.jpg

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 1