South Street switching from MTI - HO gauge

johna

Work has started on a layout that was once in a British magazine called Model Trains International. The editor Chris Ellis built the layout on a baseboard 50" x 6.25". My last US layout was sold many years ago buil I kept a few locos and box cars from it which will be ideal for this layout. Using track and points removd from another layout I just need to buy a couple of Wye points from that great shop on the aisle of Man. I am using Peco Settrack. Hopefully I will find a few hours over the weekend to get some track Dow. Photos wil follow if I can upload them from an IPad.

If all go well they I propose to build a new layout 9' x 13". Baseboards professionally made a number of years ago . Work will start in the Autrum.

Regards

Johnia

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well baseboard has been built, track is down and some switching has been done. Have made a start to some of the structures I need to build. Very low relief ones are requires Getting bargains on auction sites now is extremely rare. Been looking for a reasonable priced GE 70t but they are hard to find. You used to be able to buy flat industrial buildings but again they have disappeared to. Still can't seen to upload photos from my iPad.

Johna

Johna,

For cheap structures, try Clevermodels.net - you pay for the download file of PDF documents for the kit, print them out on Cardstock and build them like any other kit.

They do a number of low-relief structures, and all of their kits could easily be converted to low relief just by cutting a few bits out differently. :)

All their kits come in O scale, and you just reduce the size when printing to get the smaller scales.

Here's a few I've built:

These are N scale:

35355187283_9eee148ee5_c.jpg

35614040982_64d5caaf4b_c.jpg

34973247443_3d06e0a00b_c.jpg

34433699614_d8cbeb15d0_c.jpg

35231488065_d89852a07d_c.jpg

These are HO scale:

34372657670_d72dc656e3_c.jpg

33506827714_ddeda69650_c.jpg

33506798214_acf58ac30b_c.jpg

And here's a layout in HO scale populated almost entirely by their products, as well as scratchbuilds made using their texture papers:

33546186116_87922c5f89_c.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Folks

If anyone is on Facebook " Micro Layouts" group you will find that I have posted a photo of the layout I have started to build. Can't upload it here as my iPad won't allow me to be if someone could do that for me then it would be most helpful.

Thanks

John

Folks

If anyone is on Facebook " Micro Layouts" group you will find that I have posted a photo of the layout I have started to build. Can't upload it here as my iPad won't allow me to be if someone could do that for me then it would be most helpful.

Thanks

John

Is this your photo from FB you are looking for?

ps. looks good :-)

37744605_1110878879050221_46342160338827

Edited by faraway
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Same as from a desktop: go to Reply with attachments (below bottom RH corner of reply box, next to the Post button , select a tile from photos, upload and insert.

Thanks for the advice. I am working forthe rest of today so will try and and upload a photo tomorrow night