Dapol Announce O&K JHA Hoppers in OO gauge

MGR Hooper!

The current HTA hire ins seem to be working off Whatley. The previous set (18 months or so ago) worked off both quarries so could be seen in both quarries. Because of how the outers were (and are) utilised, it's common to see part JHA and part HTA sets

Jo

So I posed the question regarding the tail lamps on the digest, answer is:-

Hi. Just to clarify the questions re: tail lamps. the modeller will be able to choose which end the lamp is on and it will light accordingly.

Edited by martin_l_jones

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The five interior ribs look to be incorrectly spaced and the two outer ribs are not angled. Also the central bracing rib does not extend to the top of the wagon.

I'm comparing to the Intercity Models kit. Anyone got a photo of the inside of a real one?

Edit: compare with this from Martyn Read: 

JHA_19313_OK_WillesdenJcn_141108a-XL.jpg

Guy

Edited by lyneux
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

The five interior ribs look to be incorrectly spaced and the two outer ribs are not angled. Also the central bracing rib does not extend to the top of the wagon.

I'm comparing to the Intercity Models kit. Anyone got a photo of the inside of a real one?

Guy

Just run it loaded and no-one will notice.........

• Funny 1

Guy

Guy,

They know about those issues, but it is not certain they will be changed (from a friend who his helping Dapol). 

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Here's a couple of pictures of the JHA's today at DEMU. Look good, but was advised that there's some minor livery revisions to be done.

1690631159_JHA1.jpg.92724c9b279a2d1bee415a747764c9aa.jpg

1766182513_JHA2.jpg.474a73e1349bb85673e08124c8f34ab4.jpg

These and the 59's are due later in the year, and was advised that the 59 *should* arrive a month or so after the wagons. Another run of JHA's with other numbers likely due this time next year.

Did ask if an ARC specific wagon would be next, but seemed unlikely. However, there's quite the chance that the PTA could be next. Doable as an ARC & Yeoman liveried wagon as well as Iron Ore hoppers. Good choice I think!

Also hinted that 59003 in GBRf livery could well feature in the next batch of 59's, with the loco specific modifications tooled up. And a 73/9 isn't out the picture, but maybe a few years away.

Andy.

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 2

Excellent pics Andy. Thanks for sharing. I wasn't aware they were doing both variations of the Yeoman livery so that's great news as I'll probably go for a mixed rake. Good shout with the PTA also. The prehistoric Lima version still looks OK but a more accurate, sturdier version would be really good.

• Thanks 1

O&Is look good from those angles. Come on Dapol, please shrink them!

Is the wagon grey or silver though? I wonder if that could be a revision that's due? They do appear to have correctly got the original blue darker than the revised colour

Jo

• 3 weeks later...