Dapol Announce O&K JHA Hoppers in OO gauge

MGR Hooper!

On 18/10/2020 at 16:37, CB Rail said:

Hi All,

So in answer to my own question, I have been doing some research which may help others.

After the formation of Mendip Rail in 1993 with the amalgamation of Yeoman & ARC there was dialogue about rebranding.

A decision was made in 1998 to introduce a new livery & subsequently three of the class 59's were painted in the new livery at Marcroft Engineerings facility at Stoke-on-Trent.

I am therefore assuming the wagons would of been re-branded at a similar time (but quite happy to be corrected on this).

Hope this helps.

Am not sure what livery. I'm sure all 59/0s received the revised Yeoman livery, and im sure all 59/1s received the revised ARC livery. Only 59002 received the Mendip Rail Livery

Regards

Darryl

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CB Rail said:

Hi All,

I have dug out an image from my visit to 

the Old Oak Common open day back in Aug 2000.

This shows the Yeoman O. & K. Hopper in the revised livery.

Just behind can be made out a PTA Tippler in Yeoman livery too.

Apologies for the quality as it a photo of a photo.

7D70987D-0517-4736-9366-393EB983350D.jpeg

The wagon behind the JHA is actually a PHA/JYA wagon

Regards

Darryl

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, daz9284 said:

I'm sure all 59/0s received the revised Yeoman livery, and im sure all 59/1s received the revised ARC livery. Only 59002 received the Mendip Rail Livery

59001/2/4/5 received the revised Yeoman livery, only 59101 got the revised ARC livery before rebranded as Hanson.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, daz9284 said:

Am not sure what livery. I'm sure all 59/0s received the revised Yeoman livery, and im sure all 59/1s received the revised ARC livery. Only 59002 received the Mendip Rail Livery

Regards

Darryl

Hi Darryl,

This conversation was concerning the Foster Yeoman liveries as applied to the O. & K. Hopper wagons as Dapol are bringing 2 versions out next month.
I was looking for clarification on the time lines specifically when the re-livery was applied.
i have established  this to be in 1998 for the class 59’s & assumed the wagons were done at a similar time when Mendip Rail took over although, happy to be corrected on this. 

As an aside, I have attached an image from a class 59,005 (which was one of the first to be re-branded in the revised Yeoman livery) that I took at the Old Oak Common open day back in Aug 2000 .
This shows this new re-paint which matches my earlier post showing a similar liveried JHA wagon.

Again not a great quality image so apologies in advance.

Hope this clarifies the situation.

Stay Safe.

7B8A38DC-2129-4447-8FE9-D25BC5C14299.jpeg

Edited by CB Rail
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, CB Rail said:

i have established  this to be in 1998 for the class 59’s & assumed the wagons were done at a similar time when Mendip Rail took over although, happy to be corrected on this. 

59005 was the first repainted in April 1998. the first JHAs were done at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

1 hour ago, CB Rail said:

Hi Darryl,

This conversation was concerning the Foster Yeoman liveries as applied to the O. & K. Hopper wagons as Dapol are bringing 2 versions out next month.
I was looking for clarification on the time lines specifically when the re-livery was applied.

As an aside, I have attached an image from a class 59,005 (which was one of the first to be re-branded in the revised Yeoman livery) that I took at the Old Oak Common open day back in Aug 2000 .
This shows this new re-paint which matches my earlier post showing a similar liveried JHA wagon.

Again not a great quality image so apologies in advance.

Hope this clarifies the situation.

Stay Safe.

7B8A38DC-2129-4447-8FE9-D25BC5C14299.jpeg

Cheers for the information. When you mentioned FY and ARC joining forces and new livery I thought it would be the MRL livery. Didn't realise the revised liveries were after earlier the joining of forces between FY & ARC. 

Interesting that it looks like 59002 in MRL livery is behind. 

Mendip Rail is a joint venture between the two companies, hence the 59s still carrying the parent company liveries, but in similar styles.

Yeoman was bought out by AI, and ARC's owners Hanson decided to use their brand, but it's still essentially the same two companies today. 59002 carried original Yeoman, then Mendip Rail, then revised Yeoman and now AI. 

Jo

• Informative/Useful 1

11 hours ago, daz9284 said:

Cheers for the information. When you mentioned FY and ARC joining forces and new livery I thought it would be the MRL livery. Didn't realise the revised liveries were after earlier the joining of forces between FY & ARC. 

Interesting that it looks like 59002 in MRL livery is behind. 

Hi Darryl,

That is indeed 59,002 in the background & I have attached an image that I took again in Aug 2090 at the Old Oak Common open day showing this loco in the Mendip Rail livery.

Perhaps a thought for a second run for Dapol & their class 59.....

Same disclaimer applies - photo of a photo.

Enjoy.

4252ADB2-BC49-4E47-AF95-815C6A03B11D.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, owentherail said:

Did it turn up? 

unfortunately not. The seller said that there was a mistake on ebay and it had listed more than what they said they had in stock.

I told them that they were lieing as the product wasn't due to be released for many months and suddenly the listings were removed

regards

darryl

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, daz9284 said:

unfortunately not. The seller said that there was a mistake on ebay and it had listed more than what they said they had in stock.

I told them that they were lieing as the product wasn't due to be released for many months and suddenly the listings were removed

regards

darryl

There are some dodgy sellers on Ebay 

1 hour ago, daz9284 said:

it was from a well known retailer who i have seen at many model rail shows

Yes I can vouch for that, they are a sizeable online retailer/model shop who also sell on eBay and remember seeing these wagons on sale at the time on eBay and even I raised an eyebrow considering they were nowhere near release.

• Like 1

So where are these wagons????

Surely if they are due to be released this month (which as I type we are dam near half way into), then they should be in a container on a ship somewhere, if not already unloaded and in the country, yet we've heard.... or more to the point, seen nothing, you cant tell me someone at Dapol didn't have the sense to take some pictures of the finished product to get people interested and get sales flowing as soon as they do hit the shelves??

Im finding the silence and lack of news, somewhat annoying and concerning.

• Agree 1

On 22/10/2020 at 08:25, CB Rail said:

Hi Darryl,

That is indeed 59,002 in the background & I have attached an image that I took again in Aug 2090 at the Old Oak Common open day showing this loco in the Mendip Rail livery.

Perhaps a thought for a second run for Dapol & their class 59.....

Same disclaimer applies - photo of a photo.

Enjoy.

4252ADB2-BC49-4E47-AF95-815C6A03B11D.jpeg

Great photo, thanks for sharing. I saw this loco once in that livery and quite by chance on the Hamworthy goods branch. I agree would make for a good model.

cheers

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

You have to admire how communicative a small number of manufacturers are (Accurascale must be near the top of the tree ) compared to most who lack almost any communication. I have some PTA's on order with Accurascale and the almost daily updates currently is just superb. There have been delays sure due to the mentioned port issues amongst other reasons but its just nice to know where things are. Its like being stuck on a train going nowhere with no info, its just always better when you know whats going on.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Hi All,

After my earlier post on 18th November, I reached out to Dapol via email looking for an update on these wagons.

I half expected a response along the lines of "Thank you for your enquiry, we are hoping to advise on an update shortly".

However, the silence is deafening.... 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

15 hours ago, CB Rail said:

Hi All,

After my earlier post on 18th November, I reached out to Dapol via email looking for an update on these wagons.

I half expected a response along the lines of "Thank you for your enquiry, we are hoping to advise on an update shortly".

However, the silence is deafening.... 

I just saw a post from hattons on Instagram saying Dapol have provided an update on upcoming products. And these wagons are now due in February 21. Not quite sure why all the retailers were told this month if that's the case. Still at least I can buy the accurascale ones now and maybe a 66 with the money is put aside for these. 

• 2 months later...
On 26/11/2020 at 20:55, rembrow said:

Dapol have posted an update on their website dated 26 Nov, relating to production delays and shipping delays affecting a number of 'O' and 'oo' gauge projects. The JHA O&Ks are now expected Feb 2021. The update says that production is underway.

Here we are in the early days of Feb - do we think we will see these this month? Not holding my breath to be honest, sorry to sound negative. Anyone any updates? I think the 59 to go with these is pushed back to the summer (heading towards being around 60 months late)?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, sanspareil said:

Here we are in the early days of Feb - do we think we will see these this month? Not holding my breath to be honest, sorry to sound negative. Anyone any updates? I think the 59 to go with these is pushed back to the summer (heading towards being around 60 months late)?

Same here, was wondering what has happened. Maybe Dapol will cancel their manor project and focus on these? Might free up production space