Rails of Sheffield/Dapol/NRM Announce OO gauge Stroudley A1/A1X

MGR Hooper!

15 hours ago, Oliver Rails said:

All other remaining versions are hot on the heels and expected soon. Pre-ordering is highly recommended as some have limited allocations remaining.

Is there an update for the BR liveried terriers, I ordered 32655 and the page for it gives me a 404 error. 

4 hours ago, Jack P said:

Hi Jack,

There is a slight delay in obtaining the sound fitted models. We have currently therefore removed the listing from our site so that we do not continue to take orders for them. This is why the link you have will not work.  We are aiming to fulfil all outstanding sound fitted orders as soon as possible.

I apologise for the delay.

Thanks
Oliver

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

So, other than any improvements in quality control, has anybody identified any other changes on the latest batch?

Thanks,

Roy

I note no comment on the lamp irons which has been a source of contention on the Hornby thread regarding this Rails version with some dodgy photographic “evidence “ years out of date.

Is the edge of the footplate flat or the paint missing off the edge ?, it looks like multiple ripples on the edge shining in the light.

Paint missing/damage on nearside cab side, to the left of the door opening , a very pale Green ?

Very bland livery compared to the pre group liveries.

Did it have the  XL Lamp irons or not ?

• Agree 1

Please be aware guys my photos are not the best standard. There are people who do better photos of these models. Bar a very tiny nip of metal just under the shirtbutton in my first photo, the model is excellent. I am very pleased with it and I am now looking forward to receiving SR 2644 in the near future.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

I think we forget when we look at images on this forum just what a tiny model a Terrier is,so any fault is cruelly exposed over scale.Yes we can see them here but you have to look very hard out of the box to notice.Railway modelling is perhaps however for those with eyesight keener than most.

That said,the seating fault line on No.6 between cab a running plate is visible in the images posted above.

Edited by Ian Hargrave
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, GreenGiraffe22 said:

Looks like a few blips and smears in the paintwork there...?

Edit: perhaps it's just the photos but it almost looks hand painted... 

Did you mean the orange-peel effect above the clack valve and on the smokebox barrel? Yes, they are imperfections, but I wonder how perfect a real loco ex works looks anyway, once it's been steamed. And apparently we are supposed to weather everything, so those will be lost. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

Did you mean the orange-peel effect above the clack valve and on the smokebox barrel? Yes, they are imperfections, but I wonder how perfect a real loco ex works looks anyway, once it's been steamed. And apparently we are supposed to weather everything, so those will be lost. 

Perhaps, and I suspect your comment is with tongue firmly in cheek, but really it's sloppy for what is supposed to be a "pedigree" model... Not Rails fault of course, if I commissioned a premium model and it came out of the factory looking like that I'd be a bit cross. 

If the buyer above is happy then fair enough. 

I'm hoping, as one of the last to arrive, the SR ones will be better quality. 

• Like 1

I have an email from Rails stating Zimo. As I didn’t want to order a sound version unless they were Zimo. I am still waiting for my sound equipped K&ESR Terrier. I am not impressed with Dapol or Rails with this. I could of purchased a sound decoder and fitted it myself.

Alec

3 hours ago, AJ'S said:

I have an email from Rails stating Zimo. As I didn’t want to order a sound version unless they were Zimo. I am still waiting for my sound equipped K&ESR Terrier. I am not impressed with Dapol or Rails with this. I could of purchased a sound decoder and fitted it myself.

Alec

I have the same problem with the BR version. 

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, AJ'S said:

Alec

I find it all a bit depressing. When launched in March 2018 they were quoted as due End Q4 2018. I know there have been issues, but a delay of 21+ months on a 9 month project would have got me sacked when I was a project manager!

Mine seems to be getting closer, a DCC fitted SR Green 2644 as the DCC ready are here. Like you though, I could have done it myself and had it a lot sooner. The only blessing is that this for a small layout to use when I visit my father in his care home. As visits are still banned, the need is not so urgent.

Roy

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Received a message today to say that my Southern No. 2644 Terrier has been dispatched and money taken. I'm really looking forward to receiving my model. I only hope all the wrinkles have been ironed out by this point. I really don't want to have to send it back.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

So, I received my 00 gauge Rails/Dapol Terrier in SR lined green No. 2644 today. I must say, what an exquisite model! Everything about it just seems very high quality and a huge step up from the old Hornby model. The details really pop and the colours (to my untrained eye) seem right and proper.

HOWEVER...

My version came with some cosmetic damages. The smokebox door handles had broken and were hanging off; it didn't take much for them to fall away completely. The front of the loco is also missing one of the sandboxes and feed pipe under the running board, left side. This appears to have snapped off at some stage but isn't inside the packaging. There is also some damage to the running board on one side, negligible to the naked eye, much more obvious under the lens.

IMG_00532.jpg.d3ca10ef3eb636dd7a9ae663859bd557.jpg IMG_00542.jpg.d1a575073ce2329c49c00f90cc5f68f8.jpg IMG_00562.jpg.58504d0d4f4f66a33e12eb31d5790173.jpg IMG_00582.jpg.173e0d8dbecd6526761f0548a017be76.jpg IMG_00632.jpg.2a92ee2042f3a553fdfc6b11205ad69c.jpg

The actual items that are broken are curious because they are not items I would expect to get high levels of handling nor would they normally be that delicate. The nature of the breakages suggests that they happened prior to packaging and had nothing to do with the subsequent transport of the item. Indeed, the packaging is more than sufficient.

UPDATE: Rails have responded and sent a return label. They are sending a replacement which they say will be checked first. Fingers crossed!

Edited by JRamsden
  • Friendly/supportive 4