Rails of Sheffield/Dapol/NRM Announce OO gauge Stroudley A1/A1X

MGR Hooper!

30 minutes ago, micklner said:

Hornby must be well chuffed that got theirs out when they did !!.

It forced Dapol & rails to revisit their own model (the face was simply wrong so at the very least that had to be fixed).

The Hornby model is good but built to a price point and I really don't like how they did the buffers - enough that I wouldn't likely buy one when Rails would have their own superior version.

However, it's all moot to me at present as I won't be buying either.

• RMweb Premium
On 11/12/2019 at 11:56, trevor7598 said:

Some news/update would be appreciated.

It’s funny you should say that, I joined the Dapol Digest earlier in the year. Yesterday the account was finally activated by Dapol. Most of the forum has not been update for many many months, some since last year even. The O Gauge 66 isn’t even listed on the O Gauge section. Pretty poor when you consider how well some others communicate.

We were hoping for the delivery of our London, Brighton & South Coast A1 Class Terrier in time to get pre-orders out for Christmas.

However, due to the high demand for freight traffic out of China, the model has missed the Christmas deadline and production will be here early in the new year.

We can only apologise for the late delivery but we should be able to provide more positive news early in the New Year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 10
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, Oliver Rails said:

We were hoping for the delivery of our London, Brighton & South Coast A1 Class Terrier in time to get pre-orders out for Christmas.

However, due to the high demand for freight traffic out of China, the model has missed the Christmas deadline and production will be here early in the new year.

We can only apologise for the late delivery but we should be able to provide more positive news early in the New Year.

As said previously, better late than never and I am more than happy to wait... :) 

• Agree 5

On 18/12/2019 at 20:20, Oliver Rails said:

OH no! That is not good at all.

Now what do I do?

3 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Get a grip man :D

There’s plenty more important things to worry about.

OH I am sure there are but I wanted this for a very important gift, now it looks like its blown. I am allowed to be disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Make up a nice card with a photo of one off their website like my mother did for my father when the GNR single missed his 80th Birthday, he was still delighted when the model arrived. 

The card is pinned to the door in his shed too :) 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

10 hours ago, mikesndbs said:

OH I am sure there are but I wanted this for a very important gift, now it looks like its blown. I am allowed to be disappointed.

Our problem is we are conditioned to give and receive gifts on specific occasions and everyone goes all out at Christmas.

An important gift is no less a gift whatever date it is given and I am sure the person receiving it won't mind.

I apologise if my comment upset, I did not see why you were disappointed at that point.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

13 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Our problem is we are conditioned to give and receive gifts on specific occasions and everyone goes all out at Christmas.

An important gift is no less a gift whatever date it is given and I am sure the person receiving it won't mind.

I apologise if my comment upset, I did not see why you were disappointed at that point.

Cheers mate, yeah, time limited I am afraid due to passage of years a deteriorating health.

We have been waiting a long time for these and it was indicated Christmas would be the time, so I remain annoyed to be honest.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Cheers mate, yeah, time limited I am afraid due to passage of years a deteriorating health.

We have been waiting a long time for these and it was indicated Christmas would be the time, so I remain annoyed to be honest.

If the present is important, would the Hornby model, while considered inferior, actually cause offence? It is at least available. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I know the feeling, my father suddenly fell ill a few years back, I wanted to get a couple of new models as released to him in hospital to see / cheer him up.

it’s important.

Sadly he didn’t make it, his model of 6231 arrived later.

• Friendly/supportive 10

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/12/2019 at 09:27, adb968008 said:

I know the feeling, my father suddenly fell ill a few years back, I wanted to get a couple of new models as released to him in hospital to see / cheer him up.

it’s important.

Sadly he didn’t make it, his model of 6231 arrived later.

Aww mate I am so sorry

• Thanks 1

On 21/12/2019 at 09:26, Oldddudders said:

If the present is important, would the Hornby model, while considered inferior, actually cause offence? It is at least available. 

Thanks for thinking about this and sorry late reply.

I feel like cancelling the Rails one to be honest as the Hornby one would be fine, but we have waited this long. Dad is on a little up just now so I am hopeful he will still appreciate it. He does so love his Terriers :) he built 12 of them himself lol

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

Like many, I have eagerly anticipated the eventual arrival of the Rails/Dapol version; interested to see how it would stand up against Hornby's model of which my two examples have given exemplary service over the last year. 

With so much going on to tempt our resolve (and our wallets), the seemingly unexpected delays in getting this model on the shelves may well have tested the patience of many.

One cannot feel anything but compassion for Rails over this most unfortunate issue. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

With little to interest me in H's announcements, and unlikely to be anything in B's announcements, my money for a couple of Terriers from Rails is comfortably stashed away at the moment waiting for their arrival :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

Like others I'm awaiting the Rail's Terrier with anticipation. 

Out of interest did the Terriers carry the plain black with Bulleid Sunshine lettering livery? 

As this option is not available if it was prototypical what would be the best version to repaint into this livery? 

Cheers, 

Mark

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 46444 said:

Like others I'm awaiting the Rail's Terrier with anticipation. 

Out of interest did the Terriers carry the plain black with Bulleid Sunshine lettering livery? 

As this option is not available if it was prototypical what would be the best version to repaint into this livery? 

Cheers, 

Mark

I asked this earlier in the thread, from memory, the answer is no - not of the current releases. I can only echo Green Giraffe's sentiments that hopefully the announce them (Or 'Brighton Works')! But i'm happy to paint one if need be.

My question would probably be, when was the olive green one repainted?

• Friendly/supportive 1