Dapol 121 and 122 dmus in O gauge

Hal Nail

• RMweb Premium

It all seems to have gone a bit quiet from Dapol? Does anyone know when these are likely to land in the shops? ( can’t wait to get my hands on one!)

Well some time ago (see earlier in this thread) they said end of this year/early next year and they aren’t usually earlier than expected...

Edited by Hal Nail

From first EP to delivery seems to range from about 9 months to 15 months based on observation of the different companies.  Given first EP was end of March (based on first post in this thread), that would make delivery likely early? next year, maybe December this year if everything went smooth.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

It all seems to have gone a bit quiet from Dapol? Does anyone know when these are likely to land in the shops? (can’t wait to get my hands on one!)

Me neither! I've just been looking at Tower Models' web site and saw this news update from 20th December 2018:

"Release schedule updates.

Couple of updates from Dapol today in regard to forthcoming releases.

Dapol Class 122 - In production, expected February

Dapol Class 121 - Expected April or May dependant on the delays due to Chinese New Year"

(In addition, here's some info on other expected releases from the same news update):

"Dapol Sentinel - Decorated Test samples hopefully at Bristol show, expected April or May

Dapol Class 08 (Later body) - Now expected second quarter 2019

Dapol 48xx / 14xx Autotank - First test samples hopefully at Bristol Show, release second or third quarter 2019

In regard to the forthcoming re-run and Limited EditionTower Models tankers sets, Dapol have now received some but not all of the decorated test samples. Once they have had and approved all of the test samples they should be going into production so hopefully available in March so long as they are all approved".

Start saving guys and girls!

Regards

Dan

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Can Anybody confirm which 122 will be Green with Speed Whiskers?

Dapol catalogue shows 7D-015-002 as W55000 with Speed Whiskers

Hattons and Tower show 7D-015-005 as W55004 with Speed Whiskers. However with Hattons the DCC fitted and sound fitted versions show 7D-015-005 as W55000 with SYP and 7D-015-002 as W55004 with Speed Whiskers.

On 14/02/2019 at 13:40, 89A said:

Hattons and Tower show 7D-015-005 as W55004 with Speed Whiskers. However with Hattons the DCC fitted and sound fitted versions show 7D-015-005 as W55000 with SYP and 7D-015-002 as W55004 with Speed Whiskers.

I think you would have to go directly to Dapol for the definitive answer. Saying that, Tower are normally very much on the ball when it comes to things like this, so I would be tempted to suggest that they are the retailer that have the most accurate information. Probably worth a phone call to them - I'm sure they can clear it up for you. 

On 14/02/2019 at 13:40, 89A said:

Tower Models website "latest news" 24th October 2018 gives an update from Dapol.  Basically the versions were switched. C'est la vie!

• Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I hope they turn up this time, seems everytime they are due they are late. I don't mind waiting, but I wish they would keep to a set date.  Half way through June and still no word yet so we will see............. 

At the Doncaster GOG show on 1st June, I asked one of the staff on the Dapol stand when the Class 122s would be available.

His answer was that they were in production at the moment and would be in the shops at the end of August or the beginning of September.

I asked if this applied to the DCC sound versions also and he said yes, but maybe a couple of weeks later.

He did say that the 122s were coming first, followed by the 121s later, but didn't say how much later.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 22/07/2019 at 21:01, Adrian Stevenson said:

You are correct, it says that in the Tower Models advert.

Cheers, Ade.

As far as I can see it says "Autumn 2019" on Tower Models website. 

Flip a coin I guess!

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, admiles said:

As far as I can see it says "Autumn 2019" on Tower Models website. 

Flip a coin I guess!

I wouldn't necessarily go by that as their website still say the new Dapol 08 will be available 2nd Quarter 2019 which we are now past. It seems they are not always on top of updating their website. That's not a criticism by the way, just an observation.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
On 01/09/2019 at 17:18, nickb4141 said:

All seems to have gone quiet with these again. Did Dapol have any update on these at Telford, does anyone know? Thanks in advance for any info :)

Shamelessly nicked from Tower Models Website

Dapol upcoming release schedule.

Couple of updates from Dapol at Telford in regard to forthcoming releases for later in the year::

Dapol Class 08 - later body (September release)

Dapol Autocoach (September release)

Dapol Bogie Bolster E (November release)

Dapol Turbot (November release)

Dapol Banana Vans (November / December release)

Dapol Tower Models Limited Edition planked and plywood vans (November / December release)

Dapol Sentinel (November or December release hopefully)

Dapol 48xx / 14xx / 58xxl (November or December release hopefully)

Dapol Class 122 DMU December 2019

Dapol Class 121 February / March 2020

Dapol ex Lionheart 45xx Spring 2020

We are taking advance orders for all of the above items, and there is a lot planned for delivery in either November or December so I would not be surprised if some of these dates slip...

Edited by Jamesonb