Dapol 121 and 122 dmus in O gauge

Hal Nail

• RMweb Premium

The price for the release of the ship has been dropped by $300,000,000.

As for the crew, until Paul mentioned them I doubt many or any of us had given them a second though. Hopefully they are being properly looked after. 

• Agree 1

Crew - I have read that some of the crew have gone but most are being made to remain - allegedly for maintenance requirements but some suggestions as hostage. 

$600m iis still considerably more than the value of the unladen ship.
Shoei Kisen Kaisha (ship owners) made several moves attempting to limit its losses. In mid-April, it declared "general average" — a mechanism that shares losses between the owners and its cargo clients.

Because of this the cargo clients can be due for considerably more than the value of the goods they have on board (which is what the BBC radio discussion mentioned earlier is about. 

Paul

• Informative/Useful 1

6 hours ago, hmrspaul said:

Do we know what has happened to the crew. Have they been taken off or not. I doubt this ship will do anything other than become a rusty tourist attraction. 

Paul

Some will need to remain on board to keep the systems still operating on the ship (power, computer,  fuel systems etc). The ship is relatively new and it being stranded is not helping at a time when container ships are in demand so cargo aside there are other reasons to get it moving again.

On 18/05/2021 at 13:18, Kris said:

Possibly she was just moving at her mooring? She appears to have swung round a little bit in the last few minutes but no real movement. 

No movement according to Reuters  as several of the crew have been released so they can return home.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone think Dapol have written this off as a bad job. They are no longer advertising the 122 but are featuring the 121 which looks like it will be here first.

Paul R

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, pwr said:

Does anyone think Dapol have written this off as a bad job. They are no longer advertising the 122 but are featuring the 121 which looks like it will be here first.

Paul R

I wouldnt read anything into it personally. They can't control how long it takes and even if they decided to redo them, they would have to wait for a production slot.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, pwr said:

Paul R

No point in advertising things that you have no idea as to when they will arrive especially as it is well known that they are stuck on a boat. 

• Agree 2

On 31/05/2021 at 22:44, Kris said:

No point in advertising things that you have no idea as to when they will arrive especially as it is well known that they are stuck on a boat. 

They have been advertising them for 3 and a half years.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope the forthcoming Dapol price increase doesn't get applied either. This is claimed to be because of production costs increases in China which I get but these were produced months ago and have been sitting in a container so don't see how an increase in price can apply. same for the 121 when that gets here

Paul R

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, pwr said:

I hope the forthcoming Dapol price increase doesn't get applied either. This is claimed to be because of production costs increases in China which I get but these were produced months ago and have been sitting in a container so don't see how an increase in price can apply. same for the 121 when that gets here

Paul R

It is being applied, spoke to the shop ive mine on order from (for 3 years) they confirmed the increase will apply. 

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Captain Cuttle said:

Latest on the Ever Given makes interesting reading on a little of what its carrying.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/jun/11/ever-given-remains-grounded-in-egypt-as-compensation-battle-rages

Makes interesting reading,they have re ordered a second batch of the JHA OO hoppers probably getting here before the ship bound ones,perhaps they will order more of these too........

Edited by ERIC ALLTORQUE

5 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Makes interesting reading,they have re ordered a second batch of the JHA OO hoppers probably getting here before the ship bound ones,perhaps they will order more of these too........

Will Dapol make another batch of 122s in 0 gauge?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, pwr said:

Just been in conversation with Hattons on another matter and asked about the 122's. They are now not expected until between October and December this year.

Paul R

So will this be a new batch or the models still on the Ever Given?

11 hours ago, Captain Cuttle said:

I suspect it’s a moving goal post based on when they expect their cargo to be released. I doubt we will see them until the insurance is sorted. Then the models may be released or written off, and if written off then Dapol might do a rerun. That’s my feeling

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, Captain Cuttle said:

Based on the timeline quoted, thus assumes they get the stock from the Ever Given, there is no way they could get a production slot, the items produced, shipped etc within 3 to 6 months.  

With the shipping costs what they are at the moment and disruption ongoing until Xmas I would expect manufacturers where possible to delay shipping items until after Chinese New year when the rates should be better or need to increase prices further to cope. The shipping lines are literally naming their price at the moment....

6 hours ago, 47606odin said:

I suspect it’s a moving goal post based on when they expect their cargo to be released. I doubt we will see them until the insurance is sorted. Then the models may be released or written off, and if written off then Dapol might do a rerun. That’s my feeling

Reuters mentioned  on 23 June that an agreement in principle has been reached.

• Like 1