Uk industrial OO buildings To USA HO structures

johna

I know this question is usually asked in reverse UK to US but has anyone done it the other way as I need at least three very low relief structures for my switching layout? The rest of the structures on the layout are bashed from Walters plastic kits. They do need to have a loading dock etc.

Hoping someone can advise

Johna

From a review in Model Railroader, some of the Peco (or brands they own) buildings which are labelled as "OO/HO" are in fact built to neither scale, and sit somewhere in between.

It's between you and your conscience really, but I think so long a you don't put a scale figure right outside a different scale door or something silly like that, you'll be able to get away with it.

I know this question is usually asked in reverse UK to US but has anyone done it the other way as I need at least three very low relief structures for my switching layout? The rest of the structures on the layout are bashed from Walters plastic kits. They do need to have a loading dock etc.

Hoping someone can advise

Johna

Hi Johna, have a look at Ten Commandments,the factory buildings are ideal,can be lined up or stacked, or cut and shut for a wedge shape.

Don.

41096767111_58f6314be3_z.jpg

41053339732_c15927b34a_z.jpg[

Johna,  A couple of shots of the British Ratio Provender store.
The only changes I have made to  my example on my Benson layout is the removal of  the legs thus lowering the building.  It measures about 72mm deep x 87mm wide and is 60mm high without the longer British legs. It has a door and small window at the back with out the loading platform. If you cut the kit in half it would give you  two low relief  structures. I don’t know if this is of any use to you.

Regards Peter M

Edited by Broadoak

Don't be afraid to rummage around s/h stalls for part/badly built structures that can be dismembered and re-assembled into something else. I've been doing it for years! :mosking:

And don't forget that kit instructions are only someone else's idea of how it should go together.

steve

Edited by steve1
  • Like 3