Paper mache

Guest ShildonShunter

My corrugated card formers and cereal box lattice which works for me. l keep my lattice more open so I can play around with the contours a bit more at the papier-mâché stage...

post-33019-0-62166700-1522084096_thumb.jpeg

post-33019-0-94453400-1522084306_thumb.jpeg

I like to use the soft brown pulp paper, which often comes with packaging, as my first layer.

Marlyn

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Willh5080 said:

It looks very good!) Did you finished your project? 

The scenery is pretty much complete, just need to add lots more detail. Currently got into building loco kits which takes up all of my modelling time right now! 

20200406_231803.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 26/03/2018 at 10:54, doilum said:

PS. Don't forget to ask the cats permission before borrowing the tray.

And DO NOT be tempted to use the vacated cat litter for ballast/wagon loads/anything other than feline latrine. Once bitten....

On 24/06/2020 at 23:05, GDR said:

And DO NOT be tempted to use the vacated cat litter for ballast/wagon loads/anything other than feline latrine. Once bitten....

Some years ago I was making masters for coal loads for a manufacturer of "O" scale kits downunder and was using unused kitty litter to represent the contents of the hoppers.  I mixed the kitty litter with a 50/50 mix of waterproof builder's PVA and water.  Alas as the mix dried out the kitty litter would keep shrinking,  so over a period of many days it was a case of continually adding kitty litter and PVA mix to the hopper.  Even after many days when I thought the masters were dry they continued to shrink,  making the masters basically useless.