SGJ

• 4 weeks later...

A Walthers resin scrap metal bales pile came in the post today as well as a couple of skips, and a new building kit by Piko from Gaugemaster, I might make a start on the building tomorrow if it is raining.

post-9437-0-76315200-1534027627_thumb.jpg

post-9437-0-33852500-1534027644_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My new Bachmann 37049 Imperial is on the layout, I am slightly disappointed because it does not have sprung buffers which I have come to expect from new models but it is a nice model all the same

post-9437-0-41742100-1535314644_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I have ripped up the coal yard on Carr Crofts layout to make way for a experimental scrap metal yard using the boards from Carr Crofts to get ideas and practice things.

I have decided that I am going to use the track plan on post 9 but I will need to build new boards for that one so it will be next year when I can do a new build, I am going to use the boards that I have until then so a bit of recycling is going on.

The ripped up coal yard is now clear plywood as can be seen in the picture

Simon

post-9437-0-58147400-1536414074_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I  have had a little shuffle around because of the OO9 point so the engine shed has moved , also got a Hornby 58 and a couple of Peco OO9  wagons.

I have also added a pair of Walthers doors to the side of the factory ( Knightwing engine sheds )

post-9437-0-60083000-1537472776_thumb.jpg

post-9437-0-33329700-1537472778_thumb.jpg

post-9437-0-80854800-1537472772_thumb.jpg

post-9437-0-71560200-1537472774_thumb.jpg

Edited by SGJ
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Leo on the oo9 section`s head shunt of Metaley behind the houses, and

The new slope road that will go to the west end of the yard for road access where the ERF lorry is ( work in progress ).

attachicon.gifLEO (2).JPG

attachicon.gifMetaley Scrap Yard (9).JPG

Hi Simon

I see you have acquired enough or more Scrap Metal Wagons, they look nice,, I have a few Grey version mixed amongst my own rake now.

Regards

Jamie

• Like 1

Really looks the part bud as seen as you have no knitting could do with a 47 tagged on the front

David

Sounds like a great idea, Its also a good excuse to get another for remembering to 47407 or 47413 ( 413 had a flush front at one end )

I am wanting to put a decoder into my Hornby class 60, is it just a clip fit, or does it have screws somewhere?

it is a fairly recent release  ( R3266 60090 Quinag ).

On the service sheet, it looks like just 8 clips, four on each side, Is there anything I should know like wires from the chassis to the body or cab or are the 60`s like Bachmann with contacts for the cab and headlight connections.

Thanks in advance

Simon

Can't speak for the latest release but I'm pretty sure it's just a clip off job just lift it off slowly one version did have plugs for cab lights but I think they returned to the metal contact but as long as you don't just yank the body off you shouldn't have a problem

David

• Like 1

Hi Simon

Nice updates and I like your Hornby 60090 (Coal Logo), and a good length of MK4's to, I notice the new MK5's have been on Test up Edinburgh Waverley, I wonder if they will be in one of the latest 2019 catalogues. I have Bachmann or Oxford rail do them personally if anyone is doing them, they looked very nice to.

Regards

Jamie

• Like 1

Hi Simon

Nice updates and I like your Hornby 60090 (Coal Logo), and a good length of MK4's 0to, I notice the new MK5's have been on Test up Edinburgh Waverley, I wonder if they will be in one of the latest 2019 catalogues. I have Bachmann or Oxford rail do them personally if anyone is doing them, they looked very nice to.

Regards

Jamie

I hope the mk5 stock will be made too, i would hope they are not too costly though but I don't think many people would have them though, it would probably be a 2021 release lol

• Like 1

I hope the mk5 stock will be made too, i would hope they are not too costly though but I don't think many people would have them though, it would probably be a 2021 release lol

Hi Simon

I was watching some YouTuber filming on December 01, 2018 at BNS aka Birmingham Grand Central as it now seems to be called, as appose to Birmingham New Street, and once a day around 3:50pm you get the Cross Country HST with the Mk3 Coaches and [interesting to note that MK3 Buffer Car is always different to the rest of the Standard MK3 Buffer Car Coaches in the sense, there are just Two Windows Blanked Out, on the One Side Only of the coach, so out of the 8 Windows on each side, you get on the Buffer Side (Window1 Seated, Window2 Blanked Out, Window3 Blanked Out, Window4 Seated, Window5 Seated, Window6 Seated, Window7 Seated, Window8 Seated) and on the other Side they are all See through Windows with No Blacked Out Windows, and where the Two Blanked Out Windows are on the Buffet Side of the coach, On the other side, you just get a Narrow High Bar like Table to put Milk & Sugar in your Tea and Coffee]. Sadly Hornby have never released it, so its one of those coaches you need to purchase One normal Cross Country Coach and two Blacking windows for the one side, Just a side point on the Buffet Car Coach, if you are into detailing.

However.... on the YouTube Clip I was watching the Cross Country HST came in and the YouTuber was commenting on the New Door Upgrade and they now have all been modified to New Sliding Doors, which was quiet clear to see and look ok but I did wonder If those coaches were actually the New MK5's.

I say this, based on the Total Cost to Modify Every MK3 Coach from Slam Shut Doors to Sliding Doors with Push Button (Open/Close), and being on MK3's as this guy said, but if the New MK5's are dues out they will be replacing all MK3's or so I would think, so it seems a bit bizarre to go into all that Costing of every MK3 Door Upgrade to then write them off as most MK3's are HST Raked and the HST themselves are also being replaced to. I may be wrong on this and if anyone knows different I would be happy to hear, if the New Mk5 Coaches will be replacing the MK3 Coaches. 

Regards

Jamie

• Like 1