Midland Small Layout Showcase

Northpoint

post-6943-0-00108200-1522146536_thumb.jpg

A showcase of inspirational, high quality layouts encompassing UK, Europe and N America showing what can be done in a limited space.

Saturday 9th June, 10 am - 4 pm.

Armitage with Handsacre Village Hall, Shropshire Brook Rd, Armitage, Staffs, WS15 4UZ.

Free parking and light refreshments.

Adults: £6; children under 16 free.

18 layouts and traders.

Apa Park                      N                      Callum Sutherland

Bartow                          HO                   Chris Gilbert

Brewery Sidings          OO                   Ray O’Neill

Buxton                         N                      John Cox

Catte Lane                   OO                   Steve Grantham

Dudley’s Coal              P4                    Dave Long

Friday Bridge              EM                   Dave Tailby

Glenuig                        EM                   Gary Hinson

Industrievej                 HO                   Nick Quinn

Kingston Oil                 OO                   Owen Davis

Kozel Cement              HO                   Alan Wardman

Little Kidmore             O                     Ken Jones

Lyddlow Goods            O                     Jordan Foster

Lymebrook Yard          N                      Steve Farmer

Mayfield                      N                      Pete Latham

Mydraw                       O16.5              John Hill

Sheep Lane                  OO                   Rob Gunstone

Town wall Yard           OO                   Cliff Homer

Anoraks Anonymous

Hobbyrail

John Sammans

Linda Tinker Books

As this is the first time this event has been run, please come along and support us and then hopefully, we can make it an annual event.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Edited by Northpoint
  • Like 4

Nick the first photograph looks like your layout Ashbourne Midland. Will it be appearing as I don't see it on the list?

David

Yes it is my Ashbourne layout, but, no, it won't be at the show as I have sold it!

All the layouts in the photo are mine, some, like Ashbourne, moved on to new pastures. It's unlikely my layouts will feature as anybody who has tried to manage a show and run a layout will know, it is nigh on impossible!

Here's a photo of my small O Scale layout, Lyddlow Goods, taken by Nick at the Cradley Heath Show back around October.

post-704-0-87040100-1522250784_thumb.jpg

I had quite a few comments from viewers then along the lines of "Far too simple & boring for me", which I countered (very politely ;) ) by explaining what the real ideas behind it were - to show that O Scale doesn't have to take up lots of space, to provide a small layout to while away half-an-hour or so of gentle shunting in a large scale, and also the fact that there is so much more to the hobby than just running trains; wasting time on RMweb erm, I mean research, kitbuilding, painting, weathering, opening R-T-R boxes, etc etc...  :good: :jester:

Edit: the photo was taken in the "silly half hour" at the end of the Show, which is why it was chock-a-block with wagons!!

Edited by F-UnitMad
  • Like 4

Yes it is my Ashbourne layout, but, no, it won't be at the show as I have sold it!

All the layouts in the photo are mine, some, like Ashbourne, moved on to new pastures. It's unlikely my layouts will feature as anybody who has tried to manage a show and run a layout will know, it is nigh on impossible!

Having run a show and exhibited each time I can only agree.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Also looking forward to taking Sheep Lane along to the show, Nick.

Rob.

post-14122-0-64256000-1527052585_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

As these are all standard gauge layouts [nothing wrong with that!] if you fancy seeing a fine selection of small narrow gauge layouts the same day, the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association show is in Burton Town Hall about 20 minutes away.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/134212-7mmnga-agm-exhibition-9th-june-2018/?hl=burton

• Like 1

Looks very nice, Rob - look forward to seeing Sheep Lane in the flesh (fleece?).

Nick

Looking forward to seeing Sheep Lane and all the others. Hope the weather isn't too nice which will mean people don't come... :O 

As these are all standard gauge layouts [nothing wrong with that!] if you fancy seeing a fine selection of small narrow gauge layouts the same day, the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association show is in Burton Town Hall about 20 minutes away.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/134212-7mmnga-agm-exhibition-9th-june-2018/?hl=burton

I have been to the 7mm NG show on several occasions although I have no direct interest in NG but I will say it is a very good show. So, as Dava says, no reason why both can't be incorporated on the same day - it's only 30 minutes between the two.

However, if it's a toss up between the two, then come to this (it is my thread after all!) :yes: :yes:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Looks very nice, Rob - look forward to seeing Sheep Lane in the flesh (fleece?).

Nick

Looking forward to seeing Sheep Lane and all the others. Hope the weather isn't too nice which will mean people don't come... :O

Thanks both. Looking forward to the trip up. Will be playing with.......testing Sheep Lane this weekend and attending to a couple of minor jobs but otherwise ready to go.

Be nice to see the other layouts, in particular Industrivej and Kozel Cement two favourites of mine.

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I have been to the 7mm NG show on several occasions although I have no direct interest in NG but I will say it is a very good show. So, as Dava says, no reason why both can't be incorporated on the same day - it's only 30 minutes between the two.

However, if it's a toss up between the two, then come to this (it is my thread after all!) :yes: :yes:

Yes I’ll be visiting both exhibitions this coming Saturday

• Like 1

I hope the show goes well for you Nick, and all the exhibitors. I wish I could come along. May your layouts run like swiss watches and your teacups never be empty.

Thanks Rob. The teacups shouldn't be empty providing I can persuade Mrs Northpoint to keep the urn topped up! :O