Midland Small Layout Showcase

Northpoint

Back home safe and well, layout back on it's shelf, bit overwhelmed by the response to the layout, thanks everyone :O  :O

Great little show some cracking layouts, Well done Nick and his crew for a great day

I was a bit shocked to see Andy York with an American building kit, he made excesses it was for a OO backdrop building, a likely story, welcome to the darkside  Andy, you can come out of the cupboard now! :onthequiet:  

Ray

Edited by long island jack

Thanks to all for a lovely show. I must be in the running for the one who traveled the shortest distance, my car making it a grand total of 8.2 miles. I have traveled far further and seen far less that interests me ! Small is truly good We've all got our likes so it would be remiss to pick out mine but I must say Sheep Lane mightily impressed me with its sense of space on a small layout. Not that I'm biased being a fellow taff !

Well done all, more again next year please !!

John.

Must add my name to that litany of herberts complementing Nick and Co on an excellent day. Richard and myself were discussing the day on the way home, and the general conclusion was top notch! Pleased to pick up the unofficial 'smallest layout in show" award, following on from our success in the same category at Glasgow too! My favourites on the day- Lyddlow Hill, Lymebrook, Mayfield, .....in fact there wasnt a bad layout there!

The bar has been set for WrecRail IV!,

Disgusting of Market Harborough

ps As some will know, Canons Lane is a shunting puzzle.Our esteemed leader failed dismally on it, some excuse about having to go to the pub........

• Like 2

Ah, the endless possibilities of the Caption Contest...

post-6943-0-76422200-1528568945.jpg

What is Ray begging for, here?

Another beer?

A bottle opener?

Mr York to give back the controller?

:jester:

someone to help!

I'd just finished the last of the Half pint Brewery IPA, put my available soon sign up and all hell let lose, (note to ones self, bring a bigger barrel next time) it's thirsty work this model railways lark!!!!!

Big thanks to Nick and his team for inviting Industrivej and putting on such a grand show, it was great to meet so many great people including some that are new to the hobby; I'm sure they will have been inspired by the layouts and demos on display.

Nick

Edited by doctor quinn