DEFine Modellers Day 2019

PeteScR

• 6 months later...

DEFine are pleased to announce that we will be holding our third DEFine Modellers Day on Saturday the 12th of January 2019. The venue is as previous years, Risley Village Hall, Risley, Derbyshire,  DE72 3SU (beside the church).

Planning is well underway for the event and the line up of attendees so far is as follows.

Layouts

Sutton St-Annes (2mm)

Ashton Street (OO)

Brunswick Yard (P4)

CCaradon Junction  (OO)

Minories (P4)

Shelfie 2 (OO)

Demonstrations

On-Track Plant – Alex Hall

Working on wagons – Phil Eames

Weathering stock – Dave Roome

Stock display for Glasgow Queen St in EM – Andy Clayton

Building a “plank” – Mike Whitchurch

As in previous events, there will be no traders present. There is lots of parking and refreshments will be available on the day. Doors open at 10am and close at 4pm.

The venue can be reached within 5 mins off J25 of the M1. Take exit (Bostocks Lane) heading for Risley  and then left at the lights on to A5010. The Village Hall will be signposted about half a mile along on the right hand side.

We are also pleased to announce that admission is being maintained at only £3 as this is a not for profit event.

We will keep the blog updated with any more news and reminders nearer the date. This looks like it could be our biggest show yet so we hope you can come along and enjoy the day. Pictures and coverage of previous events can be found in the blog archive. https://definemodellers.wordpress.com/

Thanks

The DEFine Team

Edited by PeteScR
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Mike Whitchurch building a plank!!! Hes never built any thing under 10 foot in his life!

Disgusting of Market Harborough

Don't forget that Ryanair have changed their rules about the size of hand baggage - it will now have to be a very small plank . . . . . .

• RMweb Gold

Don't forget that Ryanair have changed their rules about the size of hand baggage - it will now have to be a very small plank . . . . . .

It fits in hold baggage, but will be coming across via my "man with a van", due to me wanting it to arrive in one piece!

Mike.

Mike Whitchurch building a plank!!! Hes never built any thing under 10 foot in his life!

Disgusting of Market Harborough

I am following your admirable lead!

Mike.

• Like 1

It fits in hold baggage, but will be coming across via my "man with a van", due to me wanting it to arrive in one piece!

Mike.

We'd better not hold our breath if it's the same man in a van that was transporting things from Blighty to Costa del Whitchurch a couple of years ago!!

• 2 weeks later...

Best make sure me coaching fleet is up to scratch then.......not having you barracking me from the front of the stand!!!

Barracking is free - I see it as a service to the nation, lol.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

If for no other reason than to test a theory, "The Plank" or "Span Yard" as it is now monickered, will be coming across as hold baggage.

God knows what Ryanairs thugs will do to it, but it will be boxed and protected with thick rubber anti slip appliance mats I have come across in our local shed, so hopefully damage will be fairly minimal.

As it is be a demo it will be a WIP, although currently the layout is fully working and scenery is slowly being applied.

Hopefully it will prove that living outwith the UK is no barrier to being on the exhibition circuit.

Mike.

• RMweb Premium

If for no other reason than to test a theory, "The Plank" or "Span Yard" as it is now monickered, will be coming across as hold baggage.

God knows what Ryanairs thugs will do to it, but it will be boxed and protected with thick rubber anti slip appliance mats I have come across in our local shed, so hopefully damage will be fairly minimal.

As it is be a demo it will be a WIP, although currently the layout is fully working and scenery is slowly being applied.

Hopefully it will prove that living outwith the UK is no barrier to being on the exhibition circuit.

Mike.

Hi Mike

I look forward to seeing it.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike.

Looking forward to this event, Will make myself known Mike.

Rgds

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can't beleive Christmas is now only a week away, last time I looked it was the middle of November.........plenty of time to do some shopping.......oh wait.....best make a start then.....

On the other hand, it means its very nearly DeFine time! Much more of an event than Christmas or New Year :imsohappy: :imsohappy: :imsohappy: :training:

cheers

Andy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pete gave this a bump last week, but I'm going to do another one for DeFine!

It's tomorrow folks. Going to be a good day with lots to look at and discuss with all the great and good in D&E modelling.......oh, and I'll be there as well once you've talked to the real experts. Planning to having a few of my coaches on show for everyone to point at and talk behind my back about ( Flood )....or in his case right in front of me!

I'll also have one of the Bachmann DBSO's in ScotRail flavour that I've taken apart, and strarted to do some work on, so please come and say hello and then tell me what I'm doing wrong!

See you at DeFine.

cheers

Andy

• Like 1

... Planning to having a few of my coaches on show for everyone to point at and talk behind my back about ( Flood )....or in his case right in front of me!

post-7112-0-88139000-1547250892.jpg

Edited by Flood