DEFine Modellers Day 2019

PeteScR

• RMweb Gold

A most enjoyable time, thanks to Pete and the crew.

The train set survived the worst that Ryanair could throw at it, the concept behind it and it's execution being proved and it operated very nicely, a surprise to me too!

Good to put a few faces to RMWeb names, and also to talk buses amongst many other things.

Anybody who can't be arsed to travel from one side of The Pennines to the other for an exhibition now has less of my respect than before.

Roll on next year.

Mike.

• Like 1

If you missed out event yesterday, check out this video

Thanks to to all the RMWeb members who attended our DEFine Modellers Day yesterday and helped to make it a success. I think we had some great layouts as the video shows and the atmosphere was in keeping with previous years of being very informal and relaxed. Many people turned up at or just after opening at 10am and stayed for the whole day which must mean they were enjoying the show. The organising team also had a great day and we appreciate the support we got from the exhibitors who gave up their time to entertain our guests. There were a few sore throats at the end of the day, either from the amount of chatting that was done or the amount of tea and coffee that was drunk. Our social zone in the centre of the hall with free mags to take away always seemed busy with people chatting and at one point all the seats were full!
Given we covered our costs for the day (we don't run it for profit) we will be considering DEFine Modellers Day 4 for 2020, as we have already had expressions of interest from exhibitors wanting to attend.

Thanks again

The DEFine Team
  • Like 6

Several well known reprobates may be spotted, some of whom also happen to be luminaries of this particular parish.

I'm to modest to elaborate on this statement,  However, I definitely agree that it was A Grand Day Out!

• 2 weeks later...