Brixton Hill tram depot and its Trams

thirty2a

Tony, what was your dad's name.   Dave I expect would recognise him as I believe he went on to be the Secretary and was with the club longer than I.   I joined upon my return to Thornton Heath from Germany in 1960 moving to Thundersley, Essex in 1963 returning to Selsdon in 1967 and using the 234 bus to Wallington.   When the club lost that lovely house there I left as by 1969 the PLA transferred me from my river trade development role to Tilbury for opening up the container terminals.   Getting home via the single bore Dartford tunnel took much time out of my evenings.

There are not many of us old members left, such as Peter Goddard and very occasionally I come into contact with Mike Skeggs.   Colin.

• Like 1

Hi Colin,

my pops is Steve Parker, I remember Peter he was an instructor on the buses and made a decent home brew! and Mike I have seen exhibiting a few times with the Kew layout and an O gauge layout of which the name escapes me for now..

Dave actually called me 'bug' at Fairfield halls exhibition as dad calls me Ants! Long time ago though so I doubt he will remember.

Tony 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, thirty2a said:

glad you too are catching up, I think my dad would remember you both as he was an old member of the Carshalton and Sutton MRC as was I for a short while back in the day..

Tony

I hope that the depot is recovering after that dental surgery last night Tony.

All the best

Ray

• Funny 1