porkie

Milton Grove - N gauge 1985 - 2000 loosely based on the WCML

Hi Porkie

Nice plough will add to the depots atmos, have you thought of Dapols Shirebrook breakdown wagon placed at the end of a siding.....

Class 58 looks good but not red stripe railfreight :blink: They run very smooth and great at slow speed.

Keep up the good work....Jez

Thanks Jez...

I have a pair of the yellow Dapol wagons, Just need a good crane to go with them.

Hi, a great layout, really like the use of space in the fiddle yard, could a few loco run off orads be inserted off the inside loop to stand a few light engines?

It really does have an open feel to it and not to cluttered,

Well done.

Hi!

To echo the last post, a great use of space. Well designed indeed. Will enjoy keeping tabs on your progress!

Regards

Lee B)

Evenin Porkie,

Luvely layout you've layed the track quick an all looks superb too well done, always luved n gauge but trying to stick to oo for now.

The plough looks the part too you should put 37684 next to it as it was regularly based at buxton or had buxton 37's moving it around so would look the part then, also your depot buildings are cracking i've bin following this from the start an when 1st clocking your sheds i thought yep this is gona be a goodun i shall continue to follow this 1 an more pics please buddy :rolleyes:

Cheers, Rich.

Thanks for your kind comments peeps....

I decided to go for the gaugemaster GM775 cloudy sky's backscene in the end as all the other scenic versions would be repeated at some point on the layout.:blink:

Sorry for the late reply....

I have not done anything to my layout for a while now :(

My 7mth old son seems to take up any free time I have at the moment.

But now the nice weather is here. the wife will hopefully take him out so I can get stuck back in :lol:

I like this, I'm liking layouts like this and old warren tmd where you have a depot and a continuous run. yes.gif

Thanks Dom..

Im glad the layouts going down well on here. Its nice to sit back and what trains flow past the depot.

As I am waiting for my Noch ballast to turn up to match the underlay...

I thought I would start adding a few Items to see how the rest of the layout will look.

I had a couple of Hornby bridges which I wanted to use.

when i put them in position, I noticed I hadn't left enough room for my access road to the depot http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/shok.gif

So after a long think I repositioned the service shed and reduced the fiddle yard by 1 road.

DSCF2335.jpg

DSCF2366.jpg

Edited by porkie
  • Like 1

Sorry peeps I cant help it........

I am so Happy with how things have turned out.

I just had to add all my other 80's pics too. :biggrin_mini:

DSCF2362.jpg

DSCF2347.jpg

DSCF2340.jpg

DSCF2337.jpg

DSCF2334.jpg

DSCF2359.jpg

DSCF2354.jpg

DSCF2360.jpg

1980's skeggy summer run to the sun 8)

DSCF2343.jpg

And finally..

This is a what if loco I have,

Class 50801 Vulcan Heritage On the load bank having its power unit test

DSCF2339.jpg

DSCF2350.jpg

• Like 3

Looks good Mr! I didn't realise you were going electric on the mainline - Now I'm jealous :D what make is the tanktainer?

Don't leave it so long next time :D

Thanks stephen & simon...

I got my tankliners off e-bay.

2 for £5 They are made by Arnold so not 1:48 scale, but they dont stand out too bad on the flats.

Im still playing with the DCC side to the layout.

Im undecided weather to power my yard lights and shed lights from a accesory decoder, 21 pin loco decoder or 12v dc transformer.

Im leaning towards the 21 pin decoder as their are alot of funcions I could use to do this as the LED's run on 5v

I think we need to see more photos from you! :D

The last couple of shots there look brilliant! The 86pair on Intermodals is fantastic.

The ballast choice is deffinatly the right one. Glueing the ballast down is a pain, but nothing looks as good :)

As for the scenery, I went to me local shop and just brought lots of little bits and bobs....A tree kit, some WS fine turf, and various fencing and small detail bits......Quite a cheap shop in the end and very fun just playing with small areas at a time. I'd always planned to use static grass for mine, but getting the little bit of greenery on the layout just breaks the ice and motivates you to the next step :D

Really like your layout so far! Can't wait to see more :)

Regards

Lee

• Like 1

My new baseboards turned up last night from whiterose works https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/emoticons/default_yahoo_mini.gif ,

I cant fault their build quality. its well worth every penny and simple to assemble.

So I Printed off my plan today and layed each section on the boards to see how it will look.

so here is the end result

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_06_2010/post-6906-127635072554.jpg

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_06_2010/post-6906-127635075497.jpg

And this last pic shows a class 37 on the lift jack Rd in the heavy repair depothttps://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_06_2010/post-6906-127635077675.jpg

Thanks for looking

Porkie

Hey porkie, completely random questions here but here goes...

1) What size did you print your anyrail designs on? A4, A3, A2, A1? I'm guessing A3 from the pictures.

2) Did you print them on card of just normal paper?

3) How did you go about securing the track down on the plans....? Did you actually glue track to the paper and cut the excess white edges off (clearly not seeing your later photos) so did you just glue straight to the baseboard...? How did you go about doing this with the plans?

Thanks, this will help me a lot! Oli

Edited by ModernNGauge

Hi Oli,

I printed it on normal A4 then spent ages with sellotape sticking them together.

When I was happy with how it looked. I then layed my track over the top and pulled then plan away.

Hope this helps

Porkie :-)

Thanks porkie, very helpful, think I will do the same. Will start off small with my practice plank first and see how it works out.

When you say "layed my track over the top and pulled then plan away" did you glue it to the paper?

I didnt use any glue, the track is not fixed into position untill I apply the ballast

• Like 1

After a major over haul & repaint in the main works

47475 is being put through its test on the load bank

post-6906-0-69909500-1340916510_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Looking very nice, only just seen these pics now for some reason! :/

What ballast have you used here? Is it the Woodland Scenics fine or that Noch ballast you were ordering...?

Cheers, Oli :D

Edited by ModernNGauge

Its the woodland scene fine that I used in the end Oli,

When its all wet and layed out, how I wanted I thought omg what have I just done.

But when left for 48hrs to dry out I was amazed how good it turned out

• Like 1