Depot Diorama - 4mm shed

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 17/08/2019 at 22:32, retiredoperator said:

Hi Richard.  Very good indeed.  I do like the painting of the figures . And if I could fit the likes of them in Loco Cabs? then I would. Please excuse my ignorance, but, did you paint them yourself ? or buy them painted?

Happy Modelling Kev 

I hesitate to comment on someonelse's thread, especially this superb series of dioramas, but do so only to answer the question about the figures. They are undoubtedly made by Modelu - they are 3D printed figures, the result of scanning real people in 3D, so they don't get much more authentic!

They come un-painted in scales ranging from 1:148 up to 1:19, and there are many footplate figures in the range , both steam and diesel/electric. They are amazingly realistic! No connection, just saying.
https://www.modelu3d.co.uk/

Mike

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 17/08/2019 at 21:32, retiredoperator said:

Hi Richard.  Very good indeed.  I do like the painting of the figures . And if I could fit the likes of them in Loco Cabs? then I would. Please excuse my ignorance, but, did you paint them yourself ? or buy them painted?

Happy Modelling Kev 

On 19/08/2019 at 08:51, Spotlc said:

I hesitate to comment on someonelse's thread, especially this superb series of dioramas, but do so only to answer the question about the figures. They are undoubtedly made by Modelu - they are 3D printed figures, the result of scanning real people in 3D, so they don't get much more authentic!

They come un-painted in scales ranging from 1:148 up to 1:19, and there are many footplate figures in the range , both steam and diesel/electric. They are amazingly realistic! No connection, just saying.
https://www.modelu3d.co.uk/

Mike

Hi Kev, Mike

These are Modelu3D models and excellent as well - thoroughly recommended (usual disclaimer).

I paint these using Games Workshop paints - very good quality paints, as part of their Warhammer paint range. A huge selection of colours, just ignore the names.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 29/11/2019 at 08:01, longie said:

I have just bought some Modelu figures but have no idea what colours to use. Could you please let me know the names of the colours you used as they do look really good! Many thanks. Graham

Hi Graham

I can't remember which ones I've used, but will dig them out.

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I've not posted many photos on here for awhile, but here is one to get started. I will add a few more over the coming days.

Not too much more to do on this diorama, but a couple of details that I may add.

Depot_342_a.jpg

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3