Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Descriptions for box barcodes

• RMweb Premium

I'm wondering if anyone knows if the manufacturers issue copies of the lists of box barcodes and the corresponding model number and description?

Presumably any model shop would need this list to load into their sales system unless every model shop has to type it in manually?

I have an interest in cataloguing my collection and it would be nice to save some typing by just scanning in the box barcode and having the information provided.

TIA

gus

I don't know if there's a list such as you describe.   However I have just typed the barcode number from a recent purchase into Google and it came back with a lot of hits.

Could you scan the barcode into Google and cut and paste the desired text from one of the hits?

• RMweb Gold

I would email the manufacturers and ask, as a wholesaler of other products we issue excel pricelists routinely that have this, and deleting trade prices and emailing would take seconds. I cannot imagine this would be any more difficult for them, if you can get past the first level customer service team.

• Like 1