• RMweb Gold

The high capacity stay alive and decoder arrived today, now I'm using a stay alive unit from laisdcc which is just as good as the TCS one I've used before and half the price (also double the size but theres plenty of room in the loco). My DCC fittings are definitely getting more organised. I hard wired the decoder in and hot glued that into the cab whilst the decoder sits in the smoke box. I could've fitted the decoder on top of the stay alive but it would've been a tight fit and I didn't want to risk any trapped wires. IMG_20200422_140203007.jpg.395ffbda44a74c70b2b5f96c0a02e888.jpgEverything is insulated with electrical tape and the larger components hot glue gunned into place. With all the internal electrics done I could finish fitting the white metal parts and assemble. IMG_20200422_194834543.jpg.7f56ca2805c966c9c61de0965d5a16bc.jpgIll finish it off tomorrow but it's great to have a j94 back on the roster. I'm thinking I might name this one "Cronton". 

• Like 3

The layout is really looking good! The details really bring it to life and make it atmospheric.

Also considering how much you disliked that loco its good to see you caring for it! A B2 would be a great little shed mate.

• Thanks 1
  • RMweb Gold

Firstly I have painted and re-weathered the j94 and it can now fully rejoin the colliery fleet. It still needs a crew, some small running board details  as well as some small cab tarps I think for variety but it's getting there. It was weathered with valleyo washes and powders as per my usual and it really gives it a matt look so kind of a middle grade weathering. As we as that I have proceeded to paint my industrial water tower kit. Now this is still in development and will have pipe work added but I really wanted to get this added onto the layout and will add pipework later which will be in the kit when it is properly released (I'm just waiting for some silicone to arrive so I can make some molds for it). IMG_20200424_231643275.jpg.4684db8179a18e637d5daa92dbf2a9a9.jpgI hope to add some more shrubbery to the backscene area to blend it in nicely and make it seem a bit rougher as well as covering up a few painting errors so that I can film a British pathe style documentary on it like I did with Distillery which will feature the j94. I might try to add some generic steam loco chuffing sounds to the background too so if anyone knows of anywhere where I can source some it would be very useful to know. 

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Well I've been very busy behind the scenes developing a few of my own resin kits along with my good friend @OliverRowley who is lurking about the forums somewhere. I am very proud to say that these will be available for sale via eBay on the 1st June under the name of Train Crash Models. 1816174443_logodesignfirsttrycropped2.jpg.d00065432f08ff4ac80a98fa70b3ed08.jpg The range will include a few of the kits I've developed and used on Cronton. This includes the water and this chaldron wagon. IMG_20200507_193824739.jpg.25813ace73a62af004f0be20152a80ba.jpgIncluding wheels the chaldron wagon will come to £8 and the water tower £3.50 ish. I'll keep you all posted on where to get them once the eBay store goes live. 

• Like 6
On 13/05/2020 at 19:56, luke the train spotter said:

Well I've been very busy behind the scenes developing a few of my own resin kits along with my good friend @OliverRowley who is lurking about the forums somewhere. I am very proud to say that these will be available for sale via eBay on the 1st June under the name of Train Crash Models. 1816174443_logodesignfirsttrycropped2.jpg.d00065432f08ff4ac80a98fa70b3ed08.jpg The range will include a few of the kits I've developed and used on Cronton. This includes the water and this chaldron wagon. IMG_20200507_193824739.jpg.25813ace73a62af004f0be20152a80ba.jpgIncluding wheels the chaldron wagon will come to £8 and the water tower £3.50 ish. I'll keep you all posted on where to get them once the eBay store goes live. 

Lurking makes it sound odder than it is...

But yeah I can't wait to have both production facilities (our houses) up and running. Really hope these offer some different bits for industrial modelers!

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

After the rebuild surely the sign should say ‘not quite as seen in Railway Modeller’ ;-p

In all seriousness, it looks great Luke. Well done. 

• Thanks 1