Balkan O gauge (Croatia and Serbia)

Devonbelle

On 05/08/2022 at 18:26, D6775 said:

Hi Paul,

Have you got an overall view or a track plan at all?

No problem. I’ll get one sketched up and post either tonight or more likely first thing. EDIT - Just found this photo which shows the layout in full for you Al. Many thanks Paul 

4419595D-708D-4E0D-BF84-186A904FCBDB.jpeg

Edited by Devonbelle
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Devonbelle said:

No problem. I’ll get one sketched up and post either tonight or more likely first thing. Many thanks Paul 

Ta, just on the lookout for something interesting and not UK outline for a future exhibition. 

• Like 1

Thanks Al and I’ve just edited my post and pasted a photo that shows the scenic section in full. There is a fiddle stick at each end, of the scenic section so trains pass through the scenic section, drop off wagons/call at station. Paul 

• 8 months later...

Gosh Paul you have made some great progress on the locomotive.

Well done.

I'm sorry I've not paid as much attention as I would have liked to your progress, but on the date you posted this comment I was in hospital for a further cancer operation. I'm one of a growing number of firefighters who over a long career have contracted various forms of the big C.

Not looking for sympathy here, but I am in remission and hopefully will stay that way for a long time.

So as you might imagine my modelling too something of a break.

One of the other things I did a while ago was to establish a national support group for firefighters and your new King must have thought it was worth something. and on the recommendation of our government I was made a Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit. Our equivalent of your MBE apparently.

My sons said jokingly that if the government knew of my dedication to rail research and model building I'd probably get another gong;

Anyway what I was going to add was that my wife and Me did a "return" visit to Croatia and the Dalmatian Coast and found that the rebuilding of the area was amazing and we took several train trips while there.

I have some scenic pictures I could send you privately if you wish.

Be Well All

Russell

Edited by Russell_P
  • Friendly/supportive 2