Just a few things I have been messing with.

• 1 month later...
Guest Digital

Here are a few pictures of a class 108 I repainted last year.

Pete

Very Nice Pete.

Shame it's not "O" Gaugewink.gif

John

Pete. That Derby unit looks really nice mate but I'm really sorry to point out that your cars are numbered wrong. The "50" car should be the powercar (DMBS) and the "56" car should be the DTCL.

Rally nice work and a West Mids set too. Great stuff.

Guest jim s-w

Please Check out the link Operations information on class 108's if you read the section in-titled LMR 1959 power trailer sets - DMBSs 50938-87,

Indeed but you seem to have numbered your DTC 50951 (shouldn't it have a yellow stripe over the first class bit too? Especially as it has first class stickers in the windows?

DTCs 56221-70

where you have numbered your DMBS 56234. I dont think Phil was questioning why you have used the numbers you have used just that you have put them on the wrong vehicles.

Its a bit hard to get the gist of it but I understand from the DMU website that all DTC's before 56271 should have the small headcode box. Your DMBS has the correct large headcode box but your DTC should have the small one.

Rule 1 - ALWAYS work from a picture to be doubly sure.

Cheers

Jim

Ok Jim thank you for clearing that up.

I do wish people would just say what is wrong rather than mix it up in mumbo jumbo.

Ok I got the numbers on the wrong cars that's easy to change and easy to remove the 1st class stickers on the windows the head code box I'm not bothered about at least I have a West Mids unit which is what I wanted.

Pete

Guest jim s-w

We have probably all done it Pete.

The 108 headcode box thing is a total knightmare - I still wouldnt trust the railcar website without a pic though.

Remember the midline 122? It had a large box one end and small the other!

Cheers

Jim

Ok Jim thank you for clearing that up.

I do wish people would just say what is wrong rather than mix it up in mumbo jumbo.

Ok I got the numbers on the wrong cars that's easy to change and easy to remove the 1st class stickers on the windows the head code box I'm not bothered about at least I have a West Mids unit which is what I wanted.

Pete

Oh dear Pete.

I really didn't mean for you to take offence and I didn't think my post contained mumbo jumbo. You've quoted Railcar website info to me so you obviously know what a DMBS and a DTCL are. Could you not link 50951 to "50" car and 56234 to "56" car ?

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks really good Pete. Very nice finish.

In fact I did that very loco for someone a few months back. One thing I noticed at the time was that the fox decals of the orange triangle to the left is too small, it should reach right up to the cantrail stripe. Grr. I painted the portion of grey in orange on mine to rectify this. Maybe fox should be informed of the error.

Heres a picture to show what I mean.

I also used this as a reference for weathering.

post-6894-0-58491800-1303941839_thumb.jpg

Acknowledgement to Colin Birch for the photo.

Please request this picture removed from this forum if you object its use as a reference here.

Cheers

Cav

Here are a few pictures of a class 108 I repainted last year.

Pete

Hi Pete, Cracking job on the unit and the 60.

Quick question if you dont mind. Did you respray the yellow front on the unit or the 60 aswell? If so id love to know what colour paint you used (and manufacturer) and the priming method as ive been attempting to respray a few bits and pieces recently and the yellow is just too thin. Again lovely job on the unit but also the 60 which im tempted to have a go at myself. Will have to get the transfers ordered and find a suitable 60 to start from.

Cheers, Scott.

The main colours on the 60 are Hornby and the original livery was the mainline livery and the numbers and livery detail was removed with T Cut and a cocktail stick the Load Haul decals and name plate were from Fox.

The only 60 I have repainted as of yet is this one, which was a full strip and respray.

post-6665-0-78710000-1303949852_thumb.jpg

post-6665-0-46744300-1303949849_thumb.jpg

The Warning Panel Yellow is Precision Paints and the red is Revel 320 and the grey is Humbrol.

And here is another one off 60070 with the varnish added to seal the decals.

post-6665-0-57085900-1303949860_thumb.jpg

Pete

Hi All,

r.e The Sleeper Spacing Tool

As Peter says it was his idea, actually prompted by me slating Peco track without realiising what a difference simply re-spacing the sleepers makes.

I investigated the option of P4 trackwork and was massively impressed, however, re-wheeling my stock turned out to be a no-no.

The sleeper spacing tool was ideal for my needs and frankly, I would recommend it.

The great thing is with Peter's products is that they can be tailor made for YOUR layout, it doesn't have to be one size fits all.

Anyways, thats enough babble from me.......just wanted to endorse this particular gadget.

Thanks,

Dave

Archived