Just a few things I have been messing with.

Thanks for your comments Dave.

Matt

All I did with the roof was to try to replicate where the Diesel soot would go then after cleaning the airbrush, I used a wide brush wetted in thinners and dragged it down the side and along the top of the model until I was happy with it and left it to dry.

Pete

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Pete Excellent work on the 20/3s. A silly question considering all the conversion work and detailing that has taken place, but how do you apply your orange stripes? they are very straight and crisp

Cheers

Guy

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Pete,

Those 20/3's look great that you've done for Andi - are they using your new bodies or are they full conversions? Very nice finish on them as well. Hopefully will see them make an appearance at Victory Road Andi at some point in the future?

Nice to see your various projects develop. Your DRS 37 photos were very useful for filing the noses to shape for a certain DRS 37 that will be appearing at Rannoch in the future too.

Thanks,

Mark

While at the Members day a couple of weeks ago I managed to pick up four Dapol JNA's.

I have now weathered the four and added loads and a flashing tail lamp which involved adding pick-ups to a bogie and a function only decoder.

post-6665-0-99373400-1310490653_thumb.jpg

post-6665-0-08139800-1310490574_thumb.jpg

post-6665-0-51188000-1310490514_thumb.jpg

post-6665-0-97486100-1310490481_thumb.jpg

post-6665-0-97235100-1310490546_thumb.jpg

post-6665-0-34060600-1310490598_thumb.jpg

Pete

Those look terrific, especially the warm rusty yellow shade. I really must pull my finger out and do mine...

Is the grime airbrushed with the scrapes and streaks brushed after, or is that more (fine!) airbrush work?

Will

Will I used this Technique Rust Streaks its quite easy to do and as you can see it's very effective.

Thanks Pete, I'm not sure how easy the AK stuff is to come by here, although MIG products are well stocked in my local model shop - I really like their washes. My usual technique for rust streaks thus far has been GW chestnut ink, but it doesn't give you much working time.

I'll keep my eyes open.

Will

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived