Coopercraft Kits

Ken A.

We've had all this in about half a dozen threads. Do we really need to start discussing the same old crap again?

Could we just leave this for news about what is happening with Coopercraft rather than a thirty page discussion about 3D kits.....

Jason

Insightful

I find this auction extravagance absurd.  The virtue of these ranges were that they were relatively inexpensive. Once you get to these auction prices, you may as well be buying the latest generation resin or metal kits.

I have enough Cooper Craft GW wagons and Slater's Midland.  It's the latter's coaches I chiefly lament.

As has been pointed out, the standard MR wagons are now available via POWsides and Bill Bedford does at least the ubiquitous D299.

I think you will find all forms of kits have gone up considerably over the years, some of it is down to raw material costs, mostly the cost of running a business, rents, business rates, energy and the cost of having employees have all taken their toll, the days of cheap kits is sadly long gone

I guess the cost of a production run using existing moulds is far less expensive than creating a new kit, but for plain wagons I guess you are looking at a tenner a go, reintroduction of these I guess is lower risk. As for the coaches, they are far more than just a quick shot of injection moulding. Would be great to see them back again, but I assume it would be a major investment to do so.

What would be good is a strong indication of the ranges future and timescales 

Edited by hayfield

I think everybody should move on, Coopercraft is dead.

Maybe so but it has been fascinating to read "The Turf Burners" ongoing story and discover exactly how much help consumer protection offers the consumer; what do they do? ; how do they justify their wages?

Andrew F, on 18 Apr 2018 - 11:16, said:

Maybe so but it has been fascinating to read "The Turf Burners" ongoing story and discover exactly how much help consumer protection offers the consumer; what do they do? ; how do they justify their wages?

...and how much sympathy those that take peoples money without providing the goods get from some.

Well the full quote is. 

Currently we are only able to offer the 4mm (OO, EM, S4) Southern range of kits.

Maybe, oneday, we will be able to offer more.

It shows they are interested. If nothing else.

Yes I might be clutching at straws. But many thought we would never see the Southern coaches again either.

Jason

• RMweb Premium

I read that to refer to Kirk coaches other than Southern, how do you extend it to Coopercraft wagons, which were never Kirk so far as I know.

Rgds

That would be the LNER kirk coach kits range owned by Coopercraft. No one mentioned wagons.

• RMweb Gold

I think everybody should move on, Coopercraft is dead.

While the site is still taking money with no prospect of refund or delviery of the purchased product I disagree. Threads like this might stop someone losing their money.

While the site is still taking money with no prospect of refund or delviery of the purchased product I disagree. Threads like this might stop someone losing their money.

It doesn't seem to have had that effect so far. RMwebbers are still posting their complaints, but it should, surely, have been obvious some time a ago that here is a significant risk of not getting the goods and losing money. I know this might seem harsh, but I have lost sympathy with the complainants, it seems to me they walked into this matter with their eyes wide shut