TRAINWEST 2019 - 13 & 14 April

Geoff Endacott

20 hours ago, Andy Kirkham said:

Thanks for a very enjoyable show. I usually come from Bristol by train and use the shuttle bus. This time I calculated it might be quicker to come all the way by service bus. I'm not sure if I was right, but with more options for return travel I had the chance to have a look round Corsham town. I hadn't realised (not being a watcher of Poldark) how  picturesque a place it is. Must visit Corsham Court one day.

Dare we hope that one day it will be possible to get to Corsham by train?

It is a lovely town Andy, I often joke that my preferred watering hole (The Flemish Weaver) is the only pub they had to modernise for a period drama. Did you see any of the Peacocks that roam the town?

Doubt it would fit but would be great if Heaton Lodge Junction could attend in future years!!

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, SDJR7F88 said:

More excellent videos from the weekend! 

How do you managed to get the videos to appear in posts? As mine just seems to appear as a link when I share mine on RMweb?

Use the share - copy link selection from YouTube, don’t copy the full web address from the pc top bar  ;) 

Your pc link in blue, YouTube link in black

9FFD25A6-9DB1-46F0-AA6D-58A0A65B5C1F.jpeg.4ae3a5604817a03b01d9310c59eabcce.jpeg

Paste in the black link and ta da!

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

The Much Murkle crew had a very enjoyable weekend at Trainwest. Thanks to Geoff and the Bentley group members for the usual efficient organisation and making us welcome. The Ladies looking after the refreshments deserve a special mention.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to BMRG for another excellent show - even better when it didnt clash with the Grand National!

I certainly noticed the show was quieter on Saturday - but am certainly not complaining. There was no struggling to view the layouts, jostling or backpack assaults - and no smellys :D

I really appreciate the level of trade support - I certainly bought more than I was planning to!

It was really good to meet Callum (Amiens 1918) and Laurie Calvert (Cato Pass). The quality of the layouts just gets better and better - well done to all.

Any plans to have San Maria Gandia, Oak Road or Tidworth? Some of my favourite layouts from the exhibition circuit.

I see links to my videos have already been posted here - thank you!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

It wasn't that quiet - we had 600 through in the first two hours on Saturday.

We offer people the chance to leave backpacks at reception free of charge - it works.

San Maria Gandia has been sold and is no longer exhibited but I did ask.

Oak Road is down to come in the not too distant future.

Tidworth is on my to be investigated long list.

And thanks for shooting the videos of ours and especially other shows. I find them most helpful when investigating candidate layouts.

Geoff Endacott

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Enjoyed the show. A long drive back to Leeds was helped by no traffic jams etc.

Hope the show continues to provide a good mix of quality layouts and interesting traders

Baz

• Friendly/supportive 1